LOST/STOLEN CALIFORNIA DESERT TORTOISE. Has been in the family for over 60 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

April

Hey tortoise forum!
My good friend's 84-year-old grandmother recently lost her tortoise, George, in Burbank, California. George has been a part of the family for 64 years, and his people are devastated without him.
We're checking the neighborhoods, animal shelters, vets and rescues desperately. I'm checking the internet, since they're not too internet-savvy, and the more eyes out for George the better.
A neighbor reports that they saw someone taking George in a black or dark-colored car, so this just got a little more desperate.
Please, please keep an eye out! Anyone with a new tort, anyone trying to sell or swap a tortoise, or anyone who found one and is looking for the owner.
There is an elderly woman who is dearly missing her little friend.
Thank you very very much!
-April
DlO1Kqd.jpg

8CriYkt.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
that's terrible. Any chance of micro chip?

April

that's terrible. Any chance of micro chip?

I highly doubt it, but I'll check with his people. His owner is an elderly lady, and George never left the yard, so I'm not sure if he'd have one. Definitely a good thing to check for, thank you! And should George come home and he doesn't have one, that's first on the list, along with a security camera.
Thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.