Lost Sulcata, heartbroken mom

Daniela2

I am very untech savvy, so I did not know these type of sites existed which is why I did not post my lost tortoise inquiry. Bought my first smart phone after she was gone. Missing tortoise since 2012. We got her when she was the size of a silver dollar coin. We were told she may be a girl by the small pet store. Our tortoise, Ms. Dash either escaped or was taken from my backyard in Shaenfield Place off of Shaenfield & 1604. She was a 2005 Christmas gift for my 2 kids & I, so she's about 10 yrs old. She has 1-2 scrapes under her she'll. We had a sliding bk, so she comes to the door if she got hungry before lunch time. She was at least 35-40 lbs at the time she was lost. Please msg me if you have any information or found her. Thanks

yillt

Hello and welcome. It's very unfortunate that you only found us after you lost your tortoise but your here, nonetheless. I'm very sorry for your loss but (not to give you false hope) I have heard of people finding their lost tortoises as long as eight years later. (I'm not sure how that happened.) Good luck and I will keep my eye out for any ads that pop up online as I live in England and i doubt he's Swan the ocean. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Daniela!

I've had good luck posting my 'found' tortoises on craigs list. But it's probably too late for you to do that now.

M

Maggie Cummings

I don't think they have Craig's list in England Y....Sorry to hear about losing her. I know that's very painful.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't think the OP is in England.

Spring Branch, TX
I am very untech savvy, so I did not know these type of sites existed which is why I did not post my lost tortoise inquiry. Bought my first smart phone after she was gone. Missing tortoise since 2012. We got her when she was the size of a silver dollar coin. We were told she may be a girl by the small pet store. Our tortoise, Ms. Dash either escaped or was taken from my backyard in Shaenfield Place off of Shaenfield & 1604. She was a 2005 Christmas gift for my 2 kids & I, so she's about 10 yrs old. She has 1-2 scrapes under her she'll. We had a sliding bk, so she comes to the door if she got hungry before lunch time. She was at least 35-40 lbs at the time she was lost. Please msg me if you have any information or found her. Thanks

Hi there,
My name is Rachel, I run a turtle and tortoise rescue in the north San Antonio area (Spring Branch) called Eden Animal Sanctuary. I am always excited to see local folks on here. You now have extra eyes open for your lost tortoise.

Blessings,
Rachel

M

Maggie Cummings

Not the first time I've been wrong, but I'm still sorry about

M

Maggie Cummings

Ha, the cable guy came and evidently the computer posted that even tho I just left it.

I am sorry you lost something you loved, it hurts, and time does not help.

Sandy Martinez

5 Year Member
San Antonio
So sorry to hear about your loss. ..that's heartbreaking. ...shaenfield n 1604 sound familiar. ..are you in san antonio?
Did you post signs or mayb a lost ad on Craigslist? I would continue just in case someone knows someone and sees the ad. You never know. Good luck.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Very sorry to hear about this.
It clearly hurts even after all this time.
I can't imagine what i'd feel like if i lost my Tidgy and how long it would take to heal.
Try posting in the lost and found section here, too.
Worth a try.