Lost: Sulcata in Check, Va (Floyd County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptile_luvr

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Virginia, USA
Okay guys this is NOT I repeat NOT my Sulcata so please no lectures I just really need help.

Someone contacted my reptile rescue this morning stating that his Sulcata tortoise got out of his pen/enclosure in Floyd County, town of Check, Virginia. This is the email he sent to me, please PLEASE if you have any information contact him. Thank you.
Jennifer

Lost tortoise. African spurred thigh tortoise (Sulcata). 8 yrs old,25 - 30lbs, 18-20" long, 14" wide and 8.5" height. 1 front toe missing. lost from 1260 sunny ridge rd NE, Check, Va, Floyd county between the hours of 2pm and 4pm on 4-27-2012. If found alive or dead please call 540-314-2154 or 540-797-7545. The tortoise got out of its area while I was visiting family here. I have had him since he was a baby, he's my son. He likes to walk the roads so please keep an eye out for him. His name is Sammy.

Attachments

• sammy 008.jpg
    sammy 008.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 110

samtort77

5 Year Member
roanoke, va
Lost Tortoise. African spurred tortoise. 8yrs old. He is 25 to 30 lbs. , 18” to 20” long, 14” wide and 8.5” height. 1 front toe nail missing. Lost from Sunny Ridge rd. ne., check, va between the hours of 2pm and 4pm 4-27-2012. If found please call 540-314-2154. Thank you for your help. reward offered.

some lady and her husband and kid were driving down 221 and they saw a tortoise, they stopped at the store and saw my flyer and she said to her husband thats the tortoise i saw. they went back to see if he was still their, but he was gone. but atleast i know hes alive and headed toward roanoke. hes looking for his daddy

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Reptile_luvr, most if not all of us would not lecture if you lost your tortoise. Things happen that we can't help. Just wanted you to know that :rolleyes: Please keep us updated. It's sounds like they really love the little guy(son). Hope they find him.

vanillapooh1979

5 Year Member
Oh I hope you find him! I would contact ALL vets and shelters and rescues in the area as well as pet stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.