1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

LOST SULCATA PALESTINE, TX AREA

Discussion in 'Lost and Found' started by Ambersaggiemom, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Ambersaggiemom

Ambersaggiemom New Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Texas
    Our Charlie is gone, as in from his enclosure, and can't be found! Charlie weighs between 75-100 pounds. I have literally been sick to my stomach since I made this discovery Tuesday evening (June 19th). We believe 2 people in a pickup hauling a trailer full of what appeared to be freshly cut cedar probably picked him up. We saw him on our security camera walking on our road toward the highway. I saw these people pulling off the side of the highway near our driveway right after our security camera caught him going up the road. We live in Tennessee Colony, TX on US HWY 287, about 15 minutes west of Palestine. We are located about 2 hours southeast of the DFW area, and about an hour southwest of Tyler. The vehicle headed west on 287, but could have turned, or gone anywhere from there. I'm under no illusions that I will get him back, but I'm going to do everything I can to get the word out. I have posted on Facebook on various pages, I'm going to keep my eye out on Craigslist, I've called the sheriff's office and our local game warden, called our shelter, and I will be going to Canton First Monday next weekend. PLEASE let me know if someone has seen or acquired a Sulcata in the past few days, please let me know! Also, we assume he is a he, but I've never had that confirmed! Thank you for your help!
  2. Ambersaggiemom

Ambersaggiemom New Member

Texas
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    Wouldnt let me add picture on post, so here it is FB_IMG_1529716338132.jpeg
  3. Diamond_lvrz

Diamond_lvrz New Member

Grand saline
    Hi. This is Diamond. I think we may have your tortoise. Could you send me more pictures please to confirm?
    vladimir likes this.
  4. EllieMay

EllieMay Well-Known Member

East Texas
    I’m so proud to read this!!! Y’all please let us know how it works out:)
  5. Maro2Bear

Maro2Bear Well-Known Member

Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
    @Ambersaggiemom - WOW, lets hope this is Ambers Sully. Ive tagged her so hopefully she quickly sees,!
    vladimir likes this.