Lots of space, but how do you keep temps up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I've got a lil leopard tort named Leo. I know everyone always recommends lots of space; as much as you can possibly give. I've got my lil baby in a 2ft X 2ft custom built box/"table". I want to expand that into a 2 ft X 6 ft table. Question is - how in the heck do you keep temps and humidity up in a table that big?

Suggestions and recommendations anyone?!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Put a top on it. Have you read Toms threads on closed chambers. Check out some of his threads below in my post, also look up on the search part of this forum for his closed chamber thread.

Steve_McQueen

5 Year Member
Unless you can heat the entire room, then a top is really the only way. Like willington said, check out Tom's closed chamber thread.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Umm.... one more vote for a closed chamber...

Tom O.

10 Year Member!
I have 2 closed enclosures for my tortoise its very good for humidty and the heat stay in their longer.

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
Thank you all for the advice! Since posting my thread we have moved and my tortoises have their own bedroom. I am able to keep the temps up that way, and with the temps up the humidity has been great! Torts are more active too!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
gieseygirly said:
Thank you all for the advice! Since posting my thread we have moved and my tortoises have their own bedroom. I am able to keep the temps up that way, and with the temps up the humidity has been great! Torts are more active too!

Well that is perfect. The whole room serves as one big "closed chamber". Awesome! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.