lots of stolen torts

Status
Not open for further replies.

spring pace

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
topanga, california
i took a trip to the UK last year because of my tortoise galileo, one of the ladies i met lives in corwall and knows joy the owner of the tortoise garden. i was in scotland so didnt get to meet joy, but weve spoken and shes devastated. shes opened her tort gardens to the public for 11 years and now shed going to close her doors. a very sad galileo & spring

The Tortoise Garden in Cornwall has once again been targeted by spineless,
greedy thieves. The tortoise sanctuary has been running for 11 years, and had 7
tortoises stolen in June. You may have heard that another 5 were taken on
Sunday; 2 seven year old Indian Stars, 2 two year old Hermanns and a mature
spur-thighed tortoise. Last night further tortoises were stolen:-

"There is worse news, they came back in the night and stole my big giant and
several pens of toddlers, leopards, and god knows who else."

If you have any information which may lead to the recovery of the stolen
tortoises, please contact John Hayward, coordinator national theft register, who
will also deal with the issuing of any reward due for the recovery of the stolen
animals and the conviction of the despicable people involved in the theft.

John Hayward

National Theft Register

Tel: 01869 325699 07802 404929 E-mail : jh@...

This is in Notts: STOLEN 5 family pets 5 torts was stolen from our home late saturday night.
theieves broke into our outdoor enclousure took 5 torts they were a mix of
female and male ageing from 4 to 10 years of age.
there will be a reward of a thousand pound cash for the return of these pets
if you have any info please call me on or email
thanks

(this listing has been copied from PRELOVED web site and I would appreciate it
if members are approached by someoene trying to sell them a tort without a
license to please get in contact so that I can pass any information back to this
family)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
That's terrible. I do hope she gets her torts back as does the family in Notts. It's hard to imagine that many being taken and then to hear nothing. Sorry to hear this new. Good thoughts going their way.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Awww man thats shocking. People make me sick you know. I've always been very sensitive to things happening to other people, I get so emotional ! Grrrr. Good thoughts and prayers going their way to find their torts and catch those buggers

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
i personally think it was an inside job, even w/ cameras and security the most tightly monitored places get robbed. dispicable people. ill send your prayers and good thoughts on to joy. on her behalf, i thank you all. spring & galileo

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
It happens everywhere. We had several rare torts disappear from a local attraction one night. Turns out it was a few of the workers hired to renovate a section of the park where the tort exhibit was. They thought they could get a quick buck from selling them. The people they tried to sell them to became suspicious and then noticed the story about the stolen torts in the paper. The police set up a sting and nabbed these idiots and the torts were recovered safely.

These thieves will get what they deserve eventually. Just hope the torts aren't harmed in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.