My Little Louie

5 Year Member
007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

014.jpg

011.jpg

I got Louie last year from Bluebeast Reptile...happy to see they are on here..thank you Tyler,,,,he is still happy and lovin life

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
How cute Louie and Peaches are. I love the way the rat wants to stiff the camera. They have such personalities don't they? ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's a pretty nice-looking habitat.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
I like it as well, the little fuzzy is also cute, but i dont think my cats would look at him the way i do

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
What a cutie!! The substrate reminds me of my Grandma's carpet :p
Peaches is adorable! I love rats :) Do you only have one rat?

My Little Louie

5 Year Member
No actually I have 4, the other 3 were sleeping,peaches comes running as soon as I say her name...she is a cudly rat,likes her neck rubbed and just closes her eyes.I will take more pics when they are all up and get them up.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Great photos! :)

Is that plastic tube hanging over the wall a humidifier? What kind? Warm or cool? Does it boost the humidity significantly? :p

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Peaches is the cutest little thing. I'm starting to love rats now. Do they smell? We used to have mice when my kids were little, and they smelled so bad. Just wondering if rats are the same.
Your enclosure looks great.

My Little Louie

5 Year Member
Its a fogger,he loves it,he likes to stick his head up to it when its on.On the left side, the kitty litter pan has a zoomed heating pad attatched underneath,I was worried about it not getting enough air circulation so I bought some of those pastic foot things and a glass cutting board under that.

No they dont smell,if you let there cage get dirty it will smell, but they are very clean creatures and my dogs actually like to play with them,one of our cats is afraid of them and the other thinks there tail is a toy.You can just throw them on your shoulder and walk around with them,they love that.My rats are litter box trained,they all go in the litter pan.

Yeah it says zoo med reptifogger terrarium humidifier,it does help a lot.I have it set to a timer so it goes off 6 times a day.I still spray the enclosure down once a day. I have a piece of plexiglass that I cover the enclosure with to keep heat and moisture in also.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Rats are fantastic pets. Clean like a cat, friendly like a dog and highly trainable. If you don't like the "gross" tail, they now have tailless rats.

What part of the world do you live in My Little Louie? Your way of keeping humidity up seems pretty similar to mine.

My Little Louie

5 Year Member
Unfortunately I live in Wi. Id prefer somewhere warmer, maybe someday:D I love my rats, very entertaining..

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Nice enclosure :) I really like it! Louie and Peaches are 2 cuties. I love the last pic, priceless :D

chadk

10 Year Member!
Love the enclousure. We did rats for a while. But they did smell more than I thought they would. And one of them had to pee on you when you first picked it up. They both left little rat poops wherever you hoped they wouldn't... But they were really curious and fun to watch.

My Little Louie

5 Year Member
Im surprised yours smelled.. I have 4 in 1 big cage,its a rat/ferret/chinchilla cage made by prevue.They have there cage cleaned and fresh cardboard boxes every thursday and my cage never smells. The ferrets on the other hand...not so fresh...I have a air freshener in every outlet in that bedroom and my couch and house is febreezed constantly...but they make up for the smell in personality..;)

Status
Not open for further replies.