Louisiana tort keeper?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
It seems like there are a number of us forum members who live in Louisiana. I thought it might be fun to see who lives in Louisiana and what type of torts do well here. Of course, nobody has to reveal anything they don't want to.
I'll start: I live in Covington, LA- just across the lake from New Orleans. I have a Hermann's tort, and she seems to be very comfortable in our climate. (I do NOT allow her to brumate- I have an indoor enclosure for her in the winter).

Louisiana
I'm from st Martinville La. I have a sulcata named peaches. I think she's a year old I have had her for 1 month she was a gift for my grandson that now is mine. I'm searching for lots of info and trying to make her a good home.

meg337

Hello!
We live in Moss Bluff, which is just north of Lake Charles, LA. We are raising an 11 year old sulcata, 3 baby sulcatas (8 months old), 3 red foot tortoises (2 years old), 2 russian tortoises (2 & 3 year old) and 2 three-toed box turtles (1 & 4 year old).

Mariopuppup

Lake Charles Louisiana
Hello!
We live in Moss Bluff, which is just north of Lake Charles, LA. We are raising an 11 year old sulcata, 3 baby sulcatas (8 months old), 3 red foot tortoises (2 years old), 2 russian tortoises (2 & 3 year old) and 2 three-toed box turtles (1 & 4 year old).
I was raised in Moss bluff. Now in westlake with 2 Russians

Quixx66

Louisiana
I’m from Baker/Zachary but I’m doing Americorps VISTA in Houma for at least until May, about the same time I should be getting my first tortoises!

Emily Ransom

Lake Charles, LA
I am in Moss Bluff/Lake Charles looking for a sulcata, leopard, or maybe an Indian star that needs a good forever home. We lost our sweet "Tank" to an infection and our hearts were broken.