Love where I live

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandhllg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maumelle Arkansas
Know this has nothing to do with turtles or torts but thought I would share.
I'm at home tonight sitting on my back patio chatting with my sister who has come over to visit. We are talking when she quickly goes silent and slowly stands up and starts backing away, to run into the house. As she is exiting she informs me that there is a snake nearly on top of me. I turn around to see a beautiful, nearly 4 foot speckled king snake smelling me.. Haha I'm in love! When I moved into this home, I knew I would see awesome wildlife bc of the location but I see the most amazing animals daily. From turtles, box turtles, rabbits, raccoons, eagles, snakes, deer, I mean everything comes into my backyard. I love it here.
Here is a photo as the little guy is going behind my chair. I kinda hope he sticks around the yard somewhere like so many other animals do.[attachment=47471[attach]47472[/attach]]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortForum1372397256.435500.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortForum1372397256.435500.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 31
  • ImageUploadedByTortForum1372397273.317084.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortForum1372397273.317084.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited by a moderator:

brandhllg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maumelle Arkansas
Right off the Arkansas river, an area called Lake Maumelle. It's outside of Little Rock. The property backs up to a wildlife nature reserve so nothing can ever be built.
I do however have to make sure my enclosures are always very very secure, and the torts are safe.
Just the other night I was sitting in the living room when a bat flew down my chimney. It was a shore getting him out and back outside but I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.