Loving my new baby from JD (N2Torts)

Mantissa3

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Francisco Bay Area
As some of you already know- I've never had a baby redfoot from a good, strong bloodline that came to me by way of a world-class breeder - before now.

We've always had rescues that "came to us" unexpectedly, and on the spur of the moment, simply because we couldn't stand by and watch them die in appalling conditions. Therefore, we've always had very sick babies to nurse back to health, pay for vet bills and expensive medications, and generally do tag-team nursing around the clock for the past 3 winters too.

Since joining this forum to learn how to live with, diagnose, and nurse and raise my very first rescue, I've wanted so badly to adopt one of JD's beautiful tortoises.

Finally that dream has come true - I am now the very proud "tortoise mom" and companion to one of his hets, and the baby is strong, healthy and active!!! My baby is a hatchling produced by a het father and a beautiful Venezuelan Redfoot mother.

JD even gave me a picture of my baby as s/he was hatching out! Such joy, and I've posted here if you want to see a perfect little redfoot (het for hypo) in the process of hatching in a world-class redfoot nursery.

Thank you so very much, JD, for helping me and teaching me.

You are a class act, and I've already learned so much from you about good husbandry, and this amazing species - THANK YOU!!!
Karen

PS I HIGHLY recommend adopting from JD at all possible. The entire experience is awesome due to the good information and data I received from him, and animals are healthy and thriving.

Attachments

• 6a.jpg
    6a.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 49
  • Gib_Egg02.jpg
    Gib_Egg02.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 49

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree. Although I don't own one of Jeffs torts, I don't have RF at all, I know he is a great guy and he'd be my go to for sure.
Glad you got a nice healthy tort to care for. However, I think it's great you didn't turn the sick and in need ones away.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
As some of you already know- I've never had a baby redfoot from a good, strong bloodline that came to me by way of a world-class breeder - before now.

Finally that dream has come true -
You are a class act, and I've already learned so much from you about good husbandry, and this amazing species - THANK YOU!!!
Karen

PS I HIGHLY recommend adopting from JD at all possible. The entire experience is awesome due to the good information and data I received from him, and animals are healthy and thriving.

Karen ....it was a pleasure meeting you in person and your husband (yes folks,,,,they drove all the way down from San Fran).
The visit to the Cove was a day to remember and very neat~o you got to see some hatch right then and there in your hand ( sort a speak). Cindy and I both found you and Mr. C nothing but class acts , hence the invitation to see it in person.
I will correct you on one thing ......Your new little one is actually HET for Hypo with the Father being a True Visual Hypo and is the father of the many "visual hypo babies" I produce. The one we saw out of the 3 hatching is out of the egg today .......with that bottom tray tiny pip....ready to pop any time!
Again enjoy your little one .......and I found this for ya .....

Mantissa3

10 Year Member!
San Francisco Bay Area
Ok, tell the truth...you're JD's mom, right?

LOL. Pardon the gushing, nope, no relation, and have you actually seen any of JD's animals??? Unfortunately, I have the sick, half-dead rescues to compare them to.

Stunning, healthy torts at the Cove!

Mantissa3

10 Year Member!
San Francisco Bay Area
Karen ....it was a pleasure meeting you in person and your husband (yes folks,,,,they drove all the way down from San Fran).
The visit to the Cove was a day to remember and very neat~o you got to see some hatch right then and there in your hand ( sort a speak). Cindy and I both found you and Mr. C nothing but class acts , hence the invitation to see it in person.
I will correct you on one thing ......Your new little one is actually HET for Hypo with the Father being a True Visual Hypo and is the father of the many "visual hypo babies" I produce. The one we saw out of the 3 hatching is out of the egg today .......with that bottom tray tiny pip....ready to pop any time!
Again enjoy your little one .......and I found this for ya .....

Yes, right, thank you! I know Peanut is a true visual hypo, but I typed het instead. I love that pic of him, such a handsome hypo - I'm hoping my baby has that strong jawline and muscular physique.

Mantissa3

10 Year Member!
San Francisco Bay Area
I agree. Although I don't own one of Jeffs torts, I don't have RF at all, I know he is a great guy and he'd be my go to for sure.
Glad you got a nice healthy tort to care for. However, I think it's great you didn't turn the sick and in need ones away.

Thanks for for your kind comment. Nobody on here would've walked away and left any of our three rescues in the appalling conditions we found them in.

Everyone on this Forum has been generous with information and compassion - they are your rescues too. :>)

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan

We've always had rescues that "came to us" unexpectedly, and on the spur of the moment, simply because we couldn't stand by and watch them die in appalling conditions. Therefore, we've always had very sick babies to nurse back to health, pay for vet bills and expensive medications, and generally do tag-team nursing around the clock for the past 3 winters too.

Since joining this forum to learn how to live with, diagnose, and nurse and raise my very first rescue, I've wanted so badly to adopt one of JD's beautiful tortoises.

Finally that dream has come true - I am now the very proud "tortoise mom" and companion to one of his hets, and the baby is strong, healthy and active!!! My baby is a hatchling produced by a het father and a beautiful Venezuelan Redfoot mother.

JD even gave me a picture of my baby as s/he was hatching out! Such joy, and I've posted here if you want to see a perfect little redfoot (het for hypo) in the process of hatching in a world-class redfoot nursery.

Thank you so very much, JD, for helping me and teaching me.

Karen

Glad to hear the success story!! :) The hatching photo is just too cute for words!! :<3::<3:

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Your baby is gorgeous! I agree that The Cove, tortoises and Jeff are off the charts "cool". I love his set ups and tortoise care.
:)
Enjoy your baby!!!