Loving the 1st 10 months with my sulcata!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
I have really grown to love my tortoise and couldn't imagine my life without him!

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
...sorry, send message on accident. Anyways, I spend as much with him as possible and enjoy every minute of rearranging his home and walking around with him outside. I pay close attention to his diet and monitor his growth. It's fascinating to watch him and nurture him as he grows. He's certainly gained an affection for me; if I'm making his meal next to his table he'll come out of his basking position (all of which are so cute) and will pace around where I put his food. He also will walk all around my legs when I'm sitting in the yard watching him graze or nestle up under them. But I've been looking in the gender a little more since his anal scutes have been looking more than that of a female and a male. Francis maybe?

image-1410240379.png

image-2587013524.png

3rd pool size. He's been loving soaking and splashing in the pool, under a heat lamp for long periods of time. He'll also drag diet in to make a mud pit

image-862646828.png

My husband painted this for me for my birthday

image-1381765200.png

Chillin in his hide

image-629606815.png

In his travel cage during a move.

image-1831302168.png

Awesome facial expression!

image-3981211561.png

Hope you all enjoy the pics!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Great post, but your pics didn't show up. What does he weigh now?

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
sorry!i'm posting them again from my computer:tort::tort:

also, Tom, he's 3lbs 6oz. I'm sure I'll have to wait a little longer to know gender for sure, but it sure looks like the angle the scutes are growing at resemble that of a female

frank.jpg
frank2.jpg
frank3.jpg
frank4.jpg
frank5.jpg
frank6.jpg
frank8.jpg
frank9.jpg
frank7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.