mississippi_slider

Location (City and/or State)
Nottingham, England
Hi all, new to the forum!

Just after a little bit of advice - after returning my two boys (a mississippi map and a yellow belly slider) to their brand new tank today (after smashing their old one by dropping their basking rockery platform yesterday) I noticed that on the back leg of my map, a biggish sized lump. It isn't discoloured, and doesn't look inflamed, sore or raw in any way - I'm just shocked by the size of it and wondering if anyone could shed any light on what it could be?

He seems absolutely fine in himself - sociable, eating, alert, energetic etc. So I'm unsure whether to be too concerned or not? IMG_20180908_205928.jpg IMG_20180908_205925_1.jpg IMG_20180908_205844.jpg

Any help or advice will be gratefully appreciated, thanks in advance!
Will attach pics x

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Hi all, new to the forum!

Just after a little bit of advice - after returning my two boys (a mississippi map and a yellow belly slider) to their brand new tank today (after smashing their old one by dropping their basking rockery platform yesterday) I noticed that on the back leg of my map, a biggish sized lump. It isn't discoloured, and doesn't look inflamed, sore or raw in any way - I'm just shocked by the size of it and wondering if anyone could shed any light on what it could be?

He seems absolutely fine in himself - sociable, eating, alert, energetic etc. So I'm unsure whether to be too concerned or not? View attachment 250968 View attachment 250969 View attachment 250970

Any help or advice will be gratefully appreciated, thanks in advance!
Will attach pics x

I have no idea.[emoji853]
Hopefully more knowledgeable people will be along soon!
Best wishes!

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
how solid is it , hard or soft ? is it firmly attached or movable ?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Maybe if you post this over in the “Tortoise Health” section, more people might see it?

@Yvonne G Could you move this to the Tortoise Health section?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Did you ever get any more input on this?
How is your turtle doing?

kyle123

5 Year Member
England
I had this lump on my musk turtle around 6 months ago. He didn't seem bothered by it so I left it a while. I asked a vet when I took another turtle for a general check up and he said to take the turtle in if the lump changes in size. I left it for a month and it eventually popped and has fully healed now. It's exactly the same as your situation but I thought I'd share what happend to my turtle 20180919_140945.jpeg