Lump on my tortoise's neck

cardiochic4

Location (City and/or State)
Alexandria Nay NY
Can anyone tell me what this lump on the right side of my Hermann's tortoise's neck is. She seems health and happy eating and moving around normally and is happy to see us as always! Attached are pictures and you can clearly see she does not have it on the left side.
Thanks for any help you can give!!

Attachments

• un%0ZwaoQIGf0SpXuthsHQ.jpg
    un%0ZwaoQIGf0SpXuthsHQ.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
  • SQVGxSgaT8KQw%NIxhMfMw.jpg
    SQVGxSgaT8KQw%NIxhMfMw.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
  • P1H1d5R7Q42rgg56Y70x2g.jpg
    P1H1d5R7Q42rgg56Y70x2g.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 82

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
All joking aside it looks like an abscess. Do u have a reputable reptile vet in ur area?

cardiochic4

Alexandria Nay NY
Id say hes got an abscess.just a guess though. Either that or u have a male tegu
What is a tegu?!?
All joking aside it looks like an abscess. Do u have a reputable reptile vet in ur area?
i think we do. Not my regular vet but i am going to call around tomorrow. Also thought i may call the zoo in Syracuse NY which is about an hour and a half away and try to talk to the bet there.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
In that area it could have been caused by an abrasion from rubbing against his shell. But we will wait for the “experts” opinions

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's not an ear abscess because you can clearly see the flat tympanic membrane in the first picture and the swelling is below that. Can you gently push the loose skin back exposing the neck and see where the swelling is? Is it his neck or is it in the loose skin? You may need to take him to a tortoise-qualified vet.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
What is a tegu?!?

i think we do. Not my regular vet but i am going to call around tomorrow. Also thought i may call the zoo in Syracuse NY which is about an hour and a half away and try to talk to the bet there.
The Zoo won't help. You need a qualified EXOTIC Vet. They take extra schooling... a regular Vet won't know. There's a list of exotic Vets by state in the table in the front

cardiochic4

Alexandria Nay NY
Thanks everyone. I got her an appointment next week. Thankfully she is eating well, active and happy to see us. So glad she isn’t feeling bad.