Lump on sulcata tortoises leg

jord4444

Location (City and/or State)
Chandler
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site and was wondering if I could get some health advice for my tortoise. When my family first got him about a year ago he had a lump along the joint of his front leg. The lump didn't seem to bother him so we didn't worry about it. This changed about a week ago when the lump started swelling up. I'm worried because now he has trouble walking until he's warmed up for the day (we live in Arizona) and he is favoring his remaining three legs. I'll post pictures and any insights you could give would be appreciated.

Minority2

Tortoise Hell
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site and was wondering if I could get some health advice for my tortoise. When my family first got him about a year ago he had a lump along the joint of his front leg. The lump didn't seem to bother him so we didn't worry about it. This changed about a week ago when the lump started swelling up. I'm worried because now he has trouble walking until he's warmed up for the day (we live in Arizona) and he is favoring his remaining three legs. I'll post pictures and any insights you could give would be appreciated.

1. What specific foods are you feeding your tortoise?

2. What types of foods are you feeding more of?

jord4444

Chandler
Tortoise lump.jpg

Attachments

• Tortoise lump 2.jpg
    Tortoise lump 2.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Tortoise lump 3.jpg
    Tortoise lump 3.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 15

jord4444

Chandler
1. What specific foods are you feeding your tortoise?

2. What types of foods are you feeding more of?

He eats mainly grass from our yard but we also give him dandelion greens, Romaine lettuce, and fruits (once a week and without seeds).

Minority2

Tortoise Hell
A vet visit is most likely warranted.

I also believe your dietary choices requires revising. It's too limited and lacks nutrition. Fruit should also not be offered. Overfeeding sugar, abundant in fruits, can cause abscesses. That is just one of many other possibilities I can currently think of. All of which would still require aid from an experienced exotics vet.