Lump on tortoise neck

lizysexpistol

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pomona California
Hey guys, i recently found a hard lump on my tortoise's neck. He is 60 pound 9 yr old male. Any i deas on what it might be? Im trying to load a video of it, but for some reason the app isnt letting me. 20181115_151838.jpeg20181115_151836.jpeg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings. For video, you must first upload the video to YouTube, then, once on YT, you can post the URL in your text here. The Forum doesn't support video file extensions. Hope that makes sense.

I do see the lump, can’t help you with the cause. Good luck.

lizysexpistol

5 Year Member
Pomona California
is he having any trouble eating? Is it sensitive? Do you know about how long its been there?
He has no problem eating, it doesn't seem to bother him when i touch it. Im guessing its been there for about a month. I took him to the vet back in september and there was nothing on his neck then.

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
He has no problem eating, it doesn't seem to bother him when i touch it. Im guessing its been there for about a month. I took him to the vet back in september and there was nothing on his neck then.
I looked elsewhere on the forum and see a lot of posts about abscesses... it seems far down, maybe esophagus? Looking at pics of tortoise anatomy. If it grew in size, maybe abcess. But if it just appeared maybe something stuck in there? I don’t know... I have more experience with lumps and abscesses when it comes to mamals... mainly horses! Often times with them its a fly bite, or a bite from another horse that has swelled. Prolly another vet trip if it doesn’t lessen..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It might possibly be goiter:

Gertie-Gala%CC%81pagos-tortoise-1929x1440.jpg

http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Turtles-Tortoises/Tortoise-Care/Turtle-Tortoise-Goiter/

lizysexpistol

5 Year Member
Pomona California
I looked elsewhere on the forum and see a lot of posts about abscesses... it seems far down, maybe esophagus? Looking at pics of tortoise anatomy. If it grew in size, maybe abcess. But if it just appeared maybe something stuck in there? I don’t know... I have more experience with lumps and abscesses when it comes to mamals... mainly horses! Often times with them its a fly bite, or a bite from another horse that has swelled. Prolly another vet trip if it doesn’t lessen..
Thank you for the info. I scheduled an appointment for next tuesday.