Mad Chinese water dragon

tortmommy

Location (City and/or State)
Ny
It’s been three days now and he is still waving puffing his beard bobbing his head and moving his tail back and forth. Iv has him a week and he’s about 7 inches I don’t know what is making him mad he has food a water dish he can swim in and there is paper blocking any reflections he’s got places to climb and hide in. He itches a lot when he gets in the water but other then that he doesn’t itch I can’t figure out why he is so angry but as soon as we pick him up he is so calm he’s not mad all day it’s random does. I know he needs a taller tank because the one I have now is about 12 inches tall but I really don’t think that could be it considering he has vines to climb and hide on. He was fine for the first week here why the sudden change

tortmommy

Ny
IMG_1056.jpg this is the cage I’m working on upgrading right now I have a 24x24x36 screen enclosure I bought for my other one but I’m thinking of putting this one in there because he’s so much more active where as the other one just lays on branches all day if it’s not bathing or eating but would that be too big for him since he’s only 7 inches

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I don't have any experience with water dragons, but could there be an issue with the temperatures? Maybe the temperature is comfortable when he's being held?

If he's itching in the water, could there be a shedding issue? Or is there something in the water (contaminant) that makes him itch?

tortmommy

Ny
The only problem is the humidity is a little low but it is low for my other one too and the water is bottled so I would hope it’s not contaminated it could be a shedding issue I just picked up something from the store today to see if that helps with itching and shedding so fingers crossed this works