Made a bookcase enclosure for my found tortoise

Tortie_finder

Location (City and/or State)
Nepean
I’m hoping to get some feedback on the enclosure I’ve made for the tortoise my family found last week. I’ve been told (by this forum :) )that it’s a male Greek tortoise.

I still need to add a cover on the left hand side and a UV light.

1A140E6F-A423-4E14-B50F-B227C5628A6A.jpeg11454C3D-2E44-44BC-A1D2-2F099EE7EC80.jpeg

Tortie_finder

Nepean
How big is it?
He needs a minimum of a 4x8 foot.
It’s 2x3 which is the best I can do right now, I am very much open to upgrading his size once we have a better grasp on his basic needs. Hopefully he’ll be okay in there for a bit. Any other feedback?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The proper size enclosure is'part of the basic needs. It gives the proper room to offer all the different temp areas, exercise so they can keep their muscle strength and keep the insides working properly. If you have the space, just knock out an end and add on. Otherwise you can also make a second level. This guy needs all the best you can give, he's obviously has had a hard life.

Tortie_finder

Nepean
The proper size enclosure is'part of the basic needs. It gives the proper room to offer all the different temp areas, exercise so they can keep their muscle strength and keep the insides working properly. If you have the space, just knock out an end and add on. Otherwise you can also make a second level. This guy needs all the best you can give, he's obviously has had a hard life.
Thank you! Building up is an awesome idea! I’ll start brainstorming on how I can expand! Thanks for the advice. It sounds like his living space looks good otherwise?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thank you! Building up is an awesome idea! I’ll start brainstorming on how I can expand! Thanks for the advice. It sounds like his living space looks good otherwise?
Yes, as long as the glass dish is not too big of a problem for him slippery wise. A clay saucer, the kind that goes under planters is much better as they aren't slippery.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Oh yes, they were out of stock of those when I was looking for a new one too.