Maggie's 3-toed

M

Maggie Cummings

Anybody who read about my confusion in trying to ID a 3-toed box turtle yesterday should laugh at this. I said I thought it was a 3-toed but the yellow spots on his legs kinda threw me...look at my female 3-toed. Silly stuffIMG_2105.JPG

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
Do you have any problems keeping them outside in the Oregon weather? I figured its to cold for boxxies

M

Maggie Cummings

Do you have any problems keeping them outside in the Oregon weather? I figured its to cold for boxxies

I put them out almost daily Spring and Summer. Bring them in at night due to the coyotes and 'coons. They seem to do fine with that schedule

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
Do your turtles stay in the same place every night so you can easily find them?

M

Maggie Cummings

Do your turtles stay in the same place every night so you can easily find them?

Heck no, some are completely buried and others are hiding in the weeds. It's a nightly scavenger hunt at my house...

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon

I put them out almost daily Spring and Summer. Bring them in at night due to the coyotes and 'coons. They seem to do fine with that schedule

what about winters? do they go under? indoors id imagine

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I was worried, I thought maybe maggie had an accident and lost some toes.
I'ts all good, great pics.

M

Maggie Cummings

Actually, the whole point of this thread was that I was trying to ID a box turtle that I 'thought' was a 3-toed but the spots on his legs threw me. Then I happened to catch a glance at this, my own 3-toed and she has spots just like the one I was TRYING TO id. hE'S IN ANOTHER THREAD AND I DON'T HAVE TIME TO FIND IT FOR YOU. iT JUST MADE ME FEEL KIND STUPID.
i HAVE DECIDED idING CHELONIA IS NOT MY STRONG POINT AND i AM HOT DOING IT ANYMORE. i HAVE 2 COMPUTERS, THIS PIECE OF S*** AND A DESKTOP WITH Supposed HARDWARE PROBLEMS. sORRY, i AM NOT GOING TO REType THIS CAP THING AS i AM LATE TO HAVE THE TITLE ON MY HOUSE CHANGED. tHEN i AM LEAVING.
ps...i BRING ALL MY CHELONIA IN NIGHTLY DUE TO RACCOONS And coyotes in my yard . I live in a kind of rural area...adiós

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
@dmmj - I've read your response a couple of times and - whoosh! right over my head. But this a.m. I finally got it. Maggie only has 3 toes! Duh!