Mainly for the fun read…

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
After reading this c/l posting I started second guessing myself and all my tortoises that cathe second ex-wife gave away while I was in my coma recovering from my auto accident. Heckfire, if this was even slightly realistic and close to reality, think of the value of my pancakes and all those russian tortoises I’d had. Or my large, smooth, sulcatas. So read it and be amazed yourself and maybe it’s all the joy of the holidays…
https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/pet/d/russian-tortoise-with/6415250259.html

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love comedy ads.

I wonder how many broomsticks one would have to trade to get in on this sweet deal?

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Now that is funny, “Russian BOX tortoise”. They must be really rare, I have never heard of one!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Now that is funny, “Russian BOX tortoise”. They must be really rare, I have never heard of one!
Oh I have. I get them in here at the rescue all the time. Funny thing is, they're very hard to tell apart from a regular Russian tortoise! It makes me wonder where on earth the name came from. People all over the states use that name.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
It makes me wonder where on earth the name came from. People all over the states use that name.
I’m wondering if it’s not a “corporate” name. You know, PetCo or Petsmart coming up with an easy to remember name for a tortoise that doesn’t have red eyes in the same enclosure.