major winter storm here

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcy4hope

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
so glad my torts are still young enough to be indoors in their warm enclosures on a day like today. major winter storm here in the midwest. we had lightning, thunder, and snow all at the same time when it first started. now, just lots of snow and hoping that we miss the ice that they say is supposed to follow. i work across the street from my house, so no problem for me getting back home, but my son works 45 minutes away and his job won't let workers leave until everything is shipped out for the day in the warehouse. crazy! it's pretty outside, but the older i get, the more i don't like winter.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
We are getting some of the pretty white stuff too here in Nebraska. Very little traffic out there.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Where I live everything is shutting down, we are getting the thunder and lightning and you can't see very far, its crazy!

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I am in Ohio and we are
supposed to get a bad ice
storm tonite/tomorrow
morning! I hate this weather!
Hope you dont get any ice.
Good luck!! :)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Oh no and I haven't even looked at the weather. :(
I am sooo over winter. I am ready for summer. I need to start wearing skirts soon as my drawers don't fit. :(
My tortoises wont be allowed out much in the early spring because it would be too cold in MI but also I am having part of my grass treated and am afraid it could be tracked into their play area by something like a mole or a bunny.

luvpetz27 said:
I am in Ohio and we are
storm tonite/tomorrow

We will be Cincinnati bound on Saturday so you better work on getting that cleaned up for us :D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Ice storms are the worse. :( They take down trees and electric lines so easily. :(

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Kerryann said:
I am sooo over winter. I am ready for summer. I need to start wearing skirts soon as my drawers don't fit. :(
My tortoises wont be allowed out much in the early spring because it would be too cold in MI but also I am having part of my grass treated and am afraid it could be tracked into their play area by something like a mole or a bunny.

luvpetz27 said:
I am in Ohio and we are
storm tonite/tomorrow

We will be Cincinnati bound on Saturday so you better work on getting that cleaned up for us :D

Ha!! I will get right on that!! ha :) :)
Be safe!! We are close to Columbus!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
luvpetz27 said:
Kerryann said:

luvpetz27 said:
I am in Ohio and we are
storm tonite/tomorrow

Ha!! I will get right on that!! ha :) :)
Be safe!! We are close to Columbus!

I seriously hope you don't get ice and not just because I am rolling through. Wont we go right past columbus on 75?

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Snow is building up on the streets here fast, too. I went out this morning before the storm started to grab some last minute supplies, including hand warmers and a battery powered airpump just in case we lose power.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Jacqui said:
Zamric said:
Sunny and 55* here in Dallas.... ;)

I am sorry for you.

Don't be! I lived in the Ohio Valley (Louisville, Ky) for over 12 years. Winter Storms are one thing I DO NOT miss!

...I do miss mild Summers tho!:(

marcy4hope

10 Year Member!
Missouri
worst part of this winter storm so far has been that i had 2 sons out in it for hours, stranded in opposite directions, but they are finally both safe and sound. was frustrating especially for my husband to not be able to get out and "rescue" them.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
marcy4hope said:
worst part of this winter storm so far has been that i had 2 sons out in it for hours, stranded in opposite directions, but they are finally both safe and sound. was frustrating especially for my husband to not be able to get out and "rescue" them.

Glad they made it home!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
marcy4hope said:

Wow, that's so scary!! I am glad you they are both ok! We are getting a foot of snow over the weekend:(.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Well, We got the ice!! I can
hear it hitting my bedroom window!!
All schools closed! My daughter will be
thrilled! :)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
luvpetz27 said:
Well, We got the ice!! I can
hear it hitting my bedroom window!!
All schools closed! My daughter will be
thrilled! :)

I hope you guys don't lose power. One of the prettiest things I ever saw was how the forest looked after an ice storm as a child. To kids it's neat looking and no school.

Status
Not open for further replies.