Makidash...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
...was NOT impressed with my idea of a photoshoot... especially when I tried to wash her face beforehand (which amounted to NOTHING)! I'm sure she'll hold this against me for DAYS! LOL!

102_4246.jpg

102_4249.jpg

102_4251.jpg

102_4270.jpg

102_4291.jpg

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Nicepics Kelly!

In the last 'rear' pic.. notice what occured before you aquired Makidash - there are spaces among the scutes which is from overfeeding [ NOT pyramiding ]. So it is vital to not overfeed our tortoises.. this applies to ALL species. They should be able to eat everything offered in 10 minutes MAX. If they ever walk away from food they are offered TOO MUCH. It's best that they are hungry all of the time than gourged.. which ( being opportunistic ) is common amongst them all.. especially hatchlings - yearlings.

Anybody learning anything?

Terry

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Good to know!!! I'll have to moderate her feeding now that she'll eat for me! yesterday and today she ate quite a bit, and i was happy because she hasn't eaten too much before that! So as of tomorrow, moderation is the key! Is this the same for other types? Russians, mainly, 'cause my big girls are PIGS and eat soooo much!

Status
Not open for further replies.