Making a tortoise documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
So I have been thinking about this for a while, I would like to make tortoise documentaries, on various tortoises. History, care, feeding, native habitat that sort of stuff. If I decide to do this I would of course want people to take videos of their tortoises both big and small, pyramidided and non, all ranges of them. My first choice would of course be sulcatas. so is anyone interested?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have an interest, but I'm not a videographer. I'd be willing to sponsor.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
That would be cool...my roomie is a filmographer so I could borrow her canon (or just have her do it ;)) but all I have is one baby sully

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
I have an interest. Only a basic camera at the moment, though. My good one uses firewire and my latest laptop doesn't have it.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I'm definitely interested in helping however I can!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Come on over Captain. I've got all ages and sizes. The good, the bad, and the ugly...

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
Yep - I'm interested in this! My hubby does film and soundtrack work and is a whizz with editing so shout if you need help.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tom said:
Come on over Captain. I've got all ages and sizes. The good, the bad, and the ugly...

...but Tom, he isn't wanting to film you! :p :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Road Trip! Road Trip!

I'm sure you can find quite a few of us in California who would be willing for you to come visit and film our turtles and tortoises. And while you're here, you can pick out a box turtle or two.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
So I have decided to do this, for right now anyone who wants to film their sulcata. Any size any condition, do so, indoors outdoors, eating sleeping, please no cell phone cameras, I want the highest quality, What I basically plan to do is show video of sulcatas doing their stuff, and narrate all the info (not me my voice is horrible) So I think this will be fun to do. I do plan on making some trips within california to people who have sulcatas, and of course visit. so for now take videos of your tortoises ( sulcatas for now)

Katherine

5 Year Member
I have some babies due this month and if I am home when they start hatching I could throw a tripod in there for you. What do you intend to do with the final product? It's an interesting idea...

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Well I basically intend to host in on you tube. Create a channel for tortoise documentaries.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
yes yes yes! kind of OT sorry, but I was thinking TFO should make a youtube channel and have care videos, informational videos on diet, UVB, enclosures, breeding, shipping tortoises, supplements, trimming nails and beaks, laws on native species, studies/observations on humidity for those who might not be navigating the web for a tortoise forum but are looking to learn; I know that I searched youtube for care videos...just rattling off ideas now, showing examples in videos using pictures and videos of illnesses and problems like MBD, shell rot, etc. Like the forum, there could even be videos of reviews and recommendations, unboxings of products and tortoises, thermostats, thermometers, bulbs, foods...sorry really getting OT. I'll stop now. :D

Is this kind of what you had in mind or were you thinking more breed specific David Attenborough real documentaries in general or a story about keeping tortoises in captivity or something?

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Care, diet, husbandry, where the species came from, how is it doing now, that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.