Making noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

qixer01

10 Year Member!
I just heard One of my smallest sulcatas making a weird noise. I have had my oldest one 14 months and have never heard them make noise. The noise he made sounded like a baby mouse squeaking is this normal? Is he ok? Should I worry? Not too sure how old he is but he still has what looks like the umbilical cord on his belly side. That's why I named him BB ( belly button). Lol

Attachments

• image-1361809531.png
    image-1361809531.png
    259.5 KB · Views: 26

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
If it still has umbilical material attached, then its a hatchling. If it is making squeaking noises then it has a respiratory infection. This usually occurs when temps drop too low. How is he being housed? What are your four temps? Cool side, warm side, basking spot and night? Are you keeping him with humidity?

Cfr200

10 Year Member!
Springfield, Mo
One of my two does the same thing, she does it a few times a day. She seems to do it mostly when she is basking. The other one I have makes no noises other than the hissing sound when she pulls her head in quickly.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Cfr200 said:
One of my two does the same thing, she does it a few times a day. She seems to do it mostly when she is basking. The other one I have makes no noises other than the hissing sound when she pulls her head in quickly.

Interesting that yours only seems to do it when basking.

qixer01

10 Year Member!
I have them in a turtle table inside next to a window so they can get morning sun. I have a area with coco husk that they go in for humidity. I soak at least once a day sometimes more. As far as temps not sure will go get a hygrometer so I can let you know. This is the same setup and everything that I have used for the last 14 months. I have not had any issues with any other tortoises.

Cfr200

10 Year Member!
Springfield, Mo
I never seen how Fred makes the noise, I have only gone over after she has made it and she is laying out in her basking spot. I am interested to find out how and why she does it.

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
I don't think that is normal...I purchased a sick tort from a breeder with bad husbandry and the tort I had either developed pneumonia over night or has had the RI because it started out with the tort blowing bubbles out the nose and then the mouth and then the eyes and it was weird and then I don't think I had the right temps as tom stated above...I bought a hygrometer and thermometer and have them on both ends to make sure the temp is precise and the humidity also. The tort did perk back up but was making squeaking noises just like yours is doing so that's not a good sign. I'd seperate them if they are housed together.

Status
Not open for further replies.