Male EBT at His Best All Coconut Oiled Up

augie1975

Location (City and/or State)
ontario
I learned from this site how to prep my box turts for the beefcake photos .. use coconut oil on their shell. Here's Brave at his best ! Thanks again Tortoise Forum !

Attachments

• Brave Best Pic 05Apr22.jpg
    Brave Best Pic 05Apr22.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 18

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
"Beefcake" photos......OMG....LOL.....you made me spit my soda on the screen!

I love the predominant yellow....that is rare to be that dominant and that bright!

A Beast among Beasts!

augie1975

ontario
"Beefcake" photos......OMG....LOL.....you made me spit my soda on the screen!

I love the predominant yellow....that is rare to be that dominant and that bright!

A Beast among Beasts!
Thanks, Jeff. Brave's all buffed up for this Forum !

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
But I learned on FB that the oil will prevent him from breathing through his shell, entirely prevent the uptake of UV, and cause him to overheat instantly.... ;)

Nice looking turtle!

Jamie

augie1975

ontario
But I learned on FB that the oil will prevent him from breathing through his shell, entirely prevent the uptake of UV, and cause him to overheat instantly.... ;)

Nice looking turtle!

Jamie
Thank You. I will have to do more research on this. His shell does dry up and needs some lubricant at times. And Vita shell is supposed to be really bad for a turtle. The coconut oil dissolves in the water when he soaks. However, I perhaps need to look for other options and use coconut oil for photo sessions only, then scrub it off.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Thank You. I will have to do more research on this. His shell does dry up and needs some lubricant at times. And Vita shell is supposed to be really bad for a turtle. The coconut oil dissolves in the water when he soaks. However, I perhaps need to look for other options and use coconut oil for photo sessions only, then scrub it off.
He was kidding. Those FB statements are false.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
oh. thanks for the clarification. I missed the import of the emoji.
Sorry about the confusion... I use coconut oil on my torts as well, despite the dire, and groundless, worries espoused by people on FB.

Jamie

OliveW

Branford, FL
I did this to my boy one time, after his soak. He looked amazing for about 10 minutes. Then he threw dirt all over his shell and the coconut oil made it stick better than ever. 😂

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM
Great looking turtle! His beak is becoming a little overgrown, so it would be good to trim it.

Do you know how old he is?

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Pic looks great but he needs a nail file on the beak or a trip to your local reptile shop to trim. Once trimmed, going forward provide his food in a terracotta plant base saucer. This has added benefit if maintaining the beak as it scraps it whilst eating.

augie1975

ontario
Pic looks great but he needs a nail file on the beak or a trip to your local reptile shop to trim. Once trimmed, going forward provide his food in a terracotta plant base saucer. This has added benefit if maintaining the beak as it scraps it whilst eating.
Thanks. Looking for a reptile vet that knows what he is doing. Do not want to hurt him.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Best to recommend a vet to trim then a pet/reptile store if not doing the beak trim oneself. Most store employees even the owners have no clue what they are doing.