Male/female or still to young?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
Im dying to know the sex of my tortoise Murphy lol. I don't know his age but he's about 6.5 inches and around 1000 grams. Recently his plastron has started to look a little concave to me maybe? He's probably still to young but I figured I'd give it a try again. Here's some pics.IMG_20190122_161144089.jpg IMG_20190122_161145303.jpg IMG_20190122_161138073.jpg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Male, IMO.
I thought he was starting to look male too. He recently started trying to ram my hand when I'm cleaning his enclosure or putting his food in. I don't know if just males do this or females too?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I get flashed by the tortoise penis daily now! Ever since Toretto discovered his maleness I guess, he plays with it during bath time . The first couple weeks before he flashed me, he started grunting at me all the time. Any time I would walk into the room where his enclosure is, or get him out for soaks he would grunt at me. And always running under my hand for rubs... it was a shocking change because we were calling him she... I still struggle! So, are you noticing any changes in Murphy’s actions? I bet it will be really really hard for you if he in fact turns out to be she

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I get flashed by the tortoise penis daily now! Ever since Toretto discovered his maleness I guess, he plays with it during bath time . The first couple weeks before he flashed me, he started grunting at me all the time. Any time I would walk into the room where his enclosure is, or get him out for soaks he would grunt at me. And always running under my hand for rubs... it was a shocking change because we were calling him she... I still struggle!
Lol Murphy isn't flashing yet but just recently he started running over and ramming my hand any time I'm putting his food in or cleaning his enclosure. So I kind of feel like it's only a matter of time before he's raping random objects.