Male hermann's tort in Ohio...

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I have a "special needs" male hermann's tortoise who needs a new forever home. I love him dearly and I have had him since he was a hatchling. I was given him at Tinley's reptile show in 2004 and he was cb. He has some special issues that make him a pet only quality and I want to be sure he goes to someone who understands this and is willing to keep him as a pet for the rest of his very long life.
For any additional info please send me a pm. I cannot and will not ship but may be willing to meet if it is within a reasonable distance.
Thank you for looking.:cool:
ann103.jpg

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Did you find a home for your Hermann? Do you live near Dayton? How big is he? What are his special needs? Until 2 yrs ago when I became too disabled, I was a vet tech for 8 yrs. for an exotics vet. I still rehab Box turtles & Gopher tortoises for the vet. I live in Mississippi but my stepdaughter lives in Dayton so my husband goes by there sometimes.
Patsy

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
K9KidsLove said:
Did you find a home for your Hermann? Do you live near Dayton? How big is he? What are his special needs? Until 2 yrs ago when I became too disabled, I was a vet tech for 8 yrs. for an exotics vet. I still rehab Box turtles & Gopher tortoises for the vet. I live in Mississippi but my stepdaughter lives in Dayton so my husband goes by there sometimes.
Patsy

I have not found him an appropriate home yet. Still looking though.
I live in Columbus 43230. It is a little way from Dayton but we could try and find a good meeting place if we decide you are interested. I would like to discuss this further via phone if that is okay? I will send you a private message with my cell number to call. Thank you for your interest and I look forward to talking to you. =)

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Did you find a home for your Hermann yet? I had conversed with you before about it...I checked with Greyhound cause I was told they don't check luggage, but it is rather expensive & it would take 24 hrs to get there. I am pretty sure I would be way too painful by the time I got there, then would have to come back! I have severe arthritis plus I had both hips & 1 knee replaced last yr. The other will be replaced this summer. I have to move around so I don't get too stiff to walk. Whine, whine, whine!!
Patsy

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
K9KidsLove said:
Did you find a home for your Hermann yet? I had conversed with you before about it...I checked with Greyhound cause I was told they don't check luggage, but it is rather expensive & it would take 24 hrs to get there. I am pretty sure I would be way too painful by the time I got there, then would have to come back! I have severe arthritis plus I had both hips & 1 knee replaced last yr. The other will be replaced this summer. I have to move around so I don't get too stiff to walk. Whine, whine, whine!!
Patsy
I have decided to keep him. I just put my siberian husky up for adoption and that was very emotional and I am not wanting to go through that again anytime soon.

Thank you for your interest. =)

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
barbie69 said:
K9KidsLove said:
Patsy
I have decided to keep him. I just put my siberian husky up for adoption and that was very emotional and I am not wanting to go through that again anytime soon.

I am sorry about your having to rehome your dog. I know how that feels. Last night I had IM'd the girlfriend of the vet I used to work for and she has to go to Columbus in March for a meeting or something & will take Sky Cab to here afterwards. We were going to find out if they would allow her to bring him if he was securely boxed. Actually she suggested her just trying to bring him in a container in her carry on but if it didn't pass security you would be there to take him. I fear they might confiscate him. If you aren't sure about keeping him let me know & I will persue this further.
Patsy

Thank you for your interest. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.