male Juvenile Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

nkettles73

5 Year Member
Hi All, I am looking to adopt a male juvenile Sulcata for my female. She is roughly 18 mo old and has always had her male friend with her however we had a horrific tragedy this week and the gardner let the next-door neighbors lab in the back yard and he got our male. After a week of heart brake and watching my female she keeps looking for her friend. I am located in Southeast GA but willing to travel some. Thank you for any help anyone can give.

Attachments

• 417228_10151082837499455_951199235_n.jpg
    417228_10151082837499455_951199235_n.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 37

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome nkettles73.

I know its hard not to put human emotions onto our beloved pets, but in my opinion, tortoises would rather be alone. Most sulcatas do a lot of "marching" around the perimeter of their habitats. If one tortoise were all of a sudden gone, one might assume that the marching meant the tortoise was looking for his mate, but in reality, the tortoise is probably pretty happy to finally be alone and not have to share the best hiding place or the food.

Its a terrible thing that happened to your tortoise. I hope the gardener understands and realizes just what his carelessness has caused.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and WELCOME. Sorry about your tort. However, I have to agree with emysemys. I would rather think of it the way humans do, however that's just not the way it is. You would have had to separate them sooner or later or add a few more. He would have probably pestered or bullied her to illness or even death. Enjoy the one you have, she will be happier for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.