Male or female?

Squirts

Location (City and/or State)
Fontana ca
Baby squirt is 11 months old and I don't know if we can see if she's a male or female but if we can't tell yet, what is the age we can know.

Attachments

• 15379843788338887206683736661873.jpg
    15379843788338887206683736661873.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 43

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think it's looking male but too young. If it is a male he might flash you around 3 years of age, that's a might though. If he doesn't flash you it may take until 5 years give or take even. If it's a female it likely will take longer too know it for sure.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Welcome abroad!

I too think your tort is a female as well, though I'm not sure.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I think it's looking male but too young. If it is a male he might flash you around 3 years of age, that's a might though. If he doesn't flash you it may take until 5 years give or take even. If it's a female it likely will take longer too know it for sure.

Barbara, what makes you say it looks male?? I’ve saw your view before when it differed from everyone else’s and I know you have lots of experience so will you please break it down for me.. you must know I’m still green when it comes to the tortoise facts sometimes!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Barbara, what makes you say it looks male?? I’ve saw your view before when it differed from everyone else’s and I know you have lots of experience so will you please break it down for me.. you must know I’m still green when it comes to the tortoise facts sometimes!
Your too sweet. I don't have a lot of experience, but thank you. I learned most everything from the long timers on this forum. The tort is still way too young to sex positively, but too me it's the tail. It looks long to me. The scutes, although are looking female right now, can/will move, grow and can still turn to more rounded. However, if the tail looks long, it can only get longer, not shorter. It can/will grow, and could still stay small like a females tail,but when it looks long for the size of tort, I go male. Specially because most look female in the scutes until they start to grow and mature.
Wish I could have kept track of my right/wrong record. If I had too bet, I'd bet that I guess wrong more then right.