Male or female?

vpreptiles

Location (City and/or State)
Santa Maria
Hello there! I am new to this forum. I have a 2 sulcata 1 is 1 year and 4 months since i got him/her from hatchling. Now he/she is around 7-8inches. Is that possible to gender that size?

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
Too small, too young. 14 inches, sometimes 16 or more before they can be reliably sexed, if it is a male you may see its penis before this however.

Are you keeping the two torts in the same enclosure? Any Chance we could see some pics of your torts and enclosure?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Post pics. To young tobsex yet 100% but we could give guesses. Be sure to house them seperate. Tortoises in pairs does not work.

vpreptiles

Santa Maria
Too small, too young. 14 inches, sometimes 16 or more before they can be reliably sexed, if it is a male you may see its penis before this however.

Are you keeping the two torts in the same enclosure? Any Chance we could see some pics of your torts and enclosure?
Yes they live together in my veranda.

vpreptiles

Santa Maria
It is measured 13ft by 2 1/2 ft
They got morning sun from 630-730am they have also a shade incase they dont like to sunbath. Temperature in day is about 32-35c and in 28-30c in night. I forgot to mention i am from Philippines