Male or Female?

Lelly

Location (City and/or State)
Devon, England
Hello again, here are some pictures of my other Leopard, do you think it's male or female? It's 7 years old.

Attachments

• 20220207_103048.jpg
    20220207_103048.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • 20220207_103058.jpg
    20220207_103058.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I would guess female.
Tail looks short and plastron looks flat in the picture.
My leopard had proudly shown me he was a male by the time he was about 7, but I don't know his exact age.
A vet told me he was about 10 and female at the first health check, but he was much smaller than one I saw that was definitely 7 years old, so I estimated he was probably nearer 4 yrs, then when the flashing started it was obvious he was a she!
However, torts grow at different rates depending on things like care or bullying, if they are kept in pairs, so I don't think there's a reliable age/size scale.

Lelly

Devon, England
I would guess female.
Tail looks short and plastron looks flat in the picture.
My leopard had proudly shown me he was a male by the time he was about 7, but I don't know his exact age.
A vet told me he was about 10 and female at the first health check, but he was much smaller than one I saw that was definitely 7 years old, so I estimated he was probably nearer 4 yrs, then when the flashing started it was obvious he was a she!
However, torts grow at different rates depending on things like care or bullying, if they are kept in pairs, so I don't think there's a reliable age/size scale.
Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it ?

Lelly

Devon, England
It's always been small, my other one is really big compared to this one.
Everything is correct in its table, it's on its own so it's not a case of bullying!
Temperatures are correct, it has a good appetite, the vet has given it an excellent bill of health etc, but it has never really grown much.

Reactions: Ink

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's always been small, my other one is really big compared to this one.
Everything is correct in its table, it's on its own so it's not a case of bullying!
Temperatures are correct, it has a good appetite, the vet has given it an excellent bill of health etc, but it has never really grown much.
Did you raise it in a closed chamber?
What is the diet? Do you feed mazuri? Mazuri usually helps put size on.
What size is the enclosure?
If all that is good to then like the way it was hatched or just a very slow grower.

Lelly

Devon, England
He is on the correct diet, he is in a big enclosure. I don't feed that feed you mentioned because I feed a fresh diet plus you can't buy that here in the UK.