Manouria ''chocolate''

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglove4bigtorts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northeastern USA
My little ones have been eating a steady diet of field greens, with some turnip greens added here and there. The last couple of days I sliced up 2 large blackberries and mixed it witht he greens, expecting to find none left. Suprisingly they left some behind. Today I added a bit of grated butternut squash and they ate the stuff like it was the last meal they would ever have!!! This is apparently my Manouria's dessert extroidonaire'.
I love watching them eat. They aren't like other tortoises that **** their heads this way and that, vying for the perfect angle to catch the edge of an edible green. They just sort of blindly gobble at the food and if they don't get a grip, they move the location of the gobbling...lol I also see a hint of the furture prehistoric look they will have, when they extend their necks and angle their head down...I long for the day, when they have the adult shape to them, but for now, the little stretched necks give me my ''fix''. The also do this thing, I call ''seaturtling'', where the hyper extend everything and arch their front legs back, so they look like a sea turtle on the beach...lol I can just sit for hours and soak in thier little charms...I am very happy I selected them over the other tortoises I was considering...they are already an exciting part of my family.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
As time goes by (and goes fast) you find that you will become it's trusted servant. Have you bought him his very own alocasia or colacasia yet. They are probably the most personable of my torts. They become puppydogs.

biglove4bigtorts

5 Year Member
Northeastern USA
I will take pix again soon...I am very busy lately with work and other stuff. I have a huge outdoor pen coming along to be filled with colocasia and alocasia, though this cold snap has put a damper on my efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.