Manzanita berries and flowers, leaves and so on

Status
Not open for further replies.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento
Ok so I have a beautiful Japanese Maple and a manzanita tree, very large trees. The proir owner also planted lavender, cali poppies, evergreen trees and tons of roses that produce bright red hips...

1. I know manzanita berries are edible and online it lok as its ok for a tortoise to eat, but what is the nutritional value?

2. The rose hips, should i remove the seeds?

any concerns?

there pen will not hold these trees close by, they are under a persimmon tree that has been 100% pruned back and open grass to graze on, I will be planting all kinds of goodies for my Russians, leo and box turtles.....

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Wow, your enclosure sounds so alive and colorful (sigh)!

Wish I knew what manzanita looked like; wish I had one growing outside my house! Nothing but evergreens and remnants of snowdrifts here. ;)

Do you have any photos I can admire? :p

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
i will take sone soon, i just didnt want to with all the winter izing look to it...

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
here are a couple pics of the tree. Sorry its from my window, sinces its raining outside....

Also this is the "bad" area that needs weeding, i have started but it will take time, 2 years off growth no one cared for..... The front is still very nice, i will take phots when its nice outside, but since its almost spring, i still have to imagine the blooms

dsci0034m.jpg

By housefiends, shot with t1031 at 2010-01-18
<br>
dsci0033.jpg

By housefiends, shot with t1031 at 2010-01-18

Status
Not open for further replies.