Marginate tortoise close to me?

alexksquared

Location (City and/or State)
Cleveland, Ohio
I have a marginted tortoise, he is about 2 years old. I am looking to move apartments. Currently he is in the spare room where I work from home (and play videogames). He sees me and I see him, for about 12 hours a day. What I am wondering is: would he be okay if I kept him alone in an empty room at a new place? Sure I would check up on him and talk to him, but nothing quite like how it is now. Like can they have separation anxiety ?

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
I have a marginted tortoise, he is about 2 years old. I am looking to move apartments. Currently he is in the spare room where I work from home (and play videogames). He sees me and I see him, for about 12 hours a day. What I am wondering is: would he be okay if I kept him alone in an empty room at a new place? Sure I would check up on him and talk to him, but nothing quite like how it is now. Like can they have separation anxiety ?
They cannot have separation anxiety. But are you planning on putting him in a empty room? Like on the ground and not in an enclosure?

alexksquared

Cleveland, Ohio
They cannot have separation anxiety. But are you planning on putting him in a empty room? Like on the ground and not in an enclosure?

Not at all. He will still be in his enclosure. I know better than to let him free roam. I am making him a new enclosure with that PVC (correct type that won't harm him) at 4'x8'. High walls so I can have about 5 inches of dirt so he can dig. Just an empty room with his enclosure, and some models I have.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Not at all. He will still be in his enclosure. I know better than to let him free roam. I am making him a new enclosure with that PVC (correct type that won't harm him) at 4'x8'. High walls so I can have about 5 inches of dirt so he can dig. Just an empty room with his enclosure, and some models I have.
This will be totally fine. He will probably appreciate the peace and quiet.

A large outdoor enclosure would be best for the summer months at least.

alexksquared

Cleveland, Ohio
This will be totally fine. He will probably appreciate the peace and quiet.

A large outdoor enclosure would be best for the summer months at least.
Thank you. I agree, the outdoor enclosure would be best for summer months. But I am going through some personal stuff and have to move out. I do plan on getting a wagon and taking him for a walk this summer though.