Marginated's 1yr old (Question feeding)

Status
Not open for further replies.

techiegrl

10 Year Member!
Hi Everyone! I have a food question. I just picked up 2 new Margie's that are very shy. I have them in a large rabbit cage with a day time heat lamp. I have had them about a week. They have eaten only a small amount of mixed greens and mazuri. How long should I give them to get acclimated before I become concerned. When I bought my last yearling (she is currently 2 now) she is a great eater so these two worry me a little bit.

Thanks!

Janet

Attachments

• 9-13-09 005 Marginated.bmp
    449.9 KB · Views: 50

KQ6AR

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Concord, CA
Hi Janet,

If you're temps, & other conditions are good I wouldn't worry. Give them some time to get comfortable with there new home.
This russian site has some very good food, & housing info www.russiantortoise.org
Although its written for Russians they are some very good guidelines for Marginata's

Congrats on the new youngsters.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Dan's right, sometimes it takes then a while to become acclimated and comfortable in new surroundings. As long as they've got a good weight on them alreayd I'd be more concerned about them staying well hydrated than not eating for a few days to a week.

techiegrl

10 Year Member!
Okay great, thanks Dan and GB they are both cute but boy are they shy they hide as soon as they hear the door open up to the room I have them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.