marijuana?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cincinnati Ohio
Always go with the rule, If they can't find it in the wild then they probably shouldn't be eating it. And with that there are to many bad things in it so please do not feed your tort that.

Tyler

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Always go with the rule, If they can't find it in the wild then they probably shouldn't be eating it. And with that there are to many bad things in it so please do not feed your tort that.

Tyler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I checked my rulebook, and couldn't find that rule. If it were me, I would dispose of it properly, by burning.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
The serious answer to this is that marijuana and other forms of hemp are actually listed as an unsafe plants to eat, along with tobacco and some other plants high in a variety of toxins.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I already have to watch my Russians around the liquor cabinet (always trying to get into the vodka!) The last thing I need is the Redfoots busting out of their pen to head down to the corner to buy a nickle bag
images

In all seriousness, Mark is right. Not a good idea.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
ahhahha this thread has me cracking up. no pun intended.

XxDarkEuphoriaxX

5 Year Member
Indiana
just curious guys... thats all. marijuana is non toxic to humans and it has some medicinal benefits so I was just wondering if it would be similar to tortoises... and why is it toxic to tortoises anyways?

montana

5 Year Member
I would guess it may not be ....

Your tortoise may not eat it tho ..

At best nothing good can come from it so why bother ??

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
LMAO, i love the advice about disposing it the proper way, burn it lol great excuse peanutbutter, this thread made me laugh thanks guys

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
The marijuana that is cultivated for recreational use by humans has been selectively bred to contain much more thc than occurs naturally in the wild plant. Wild cannabis grows throughout parts of the US, including areas where torts and turts live. Box turtles in Kansas, for instance, would have ample opportunity to sample wild cannabis (we called it K-weed). Do they eat it? I have no idea, but if I felt like I had to let them try marijuana, it would be the wild, naturally occuring variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.