Marking a Tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlewurx

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nacogdoches, TX
Okay, I've got 4 Sulcata babies. They're growing really fast, and whatever marker I use to tell them apart (shape of shell, a spot on the shell, etc.) changes from week to week. Certain behavior patterns are forming, and I'm wanting to tell if its the same tort doing the same things each time. I'd like to put a small colored dot or mark on their shells to tell them apart, but don't want to use any kind of paint or ink that would harm them (Or be permanent). Anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks.
JD

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've always used a dot of nail polish right in the center of a scute. One dot, two dots etc. Then if I had more and the scutes weren't big enough for more dots, I'd start dotting two scutes, etc.

turtlewurx

5 Year Member
Nacogdoches, TX
emysemys said:
I've always used a dot of nail polish right in the center of a scute. One dot, two dots etc. Then if I had more and the scutes weren't big enough for more dots, I'd start dotting two scutes, etc.

I take it that nail polish won't harm them? And will wear off over time?

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Virginia
turtlewurx said:
emysemys said:

I take it that nail polish won't harm them? And will wear off over time?

I know kids nail polish is not toxic. I got it for my two year old niece who wouldn't get her finger out of her month!

Status
Not open for further replies.