Marty Skittles (Soaking and Humidity)

Marty Skittles

Location (City and/or State)
Ridgecrest
Howdy everyone,

So I got Marty when he was 7 weeks a couple of weeks back (he's about 10 weeks now). I've read that you should soak you tortoise daily, but is that a good thing for a desert tortoise? I added a pic of how I soak the little guy, he usually goes to sleep when he's soaking which kind of worries me so I make sure the water is really shallow. I add a little Zoo Med Reptivite, and plan on doing a baby carrot food soak once every other week, but not sure if it necessary.

I also read that low humidity in the hides for DT's are a reason for pryaminding and bladder stones. How humid does it need to be in the hides of a DT? I added pics of his tortoise house and hide. I keep him next would a window for the plants to grow and I open it on warm sunny days for him to bask in nature light. I also try and get him outside once a day.

Lastly there are small indentations and clearish spots on the his (not sure if it's a boy or girl yet) shell. Should I be worried? I added a picture (the last one).

Basically am I'm doing okay as a tortoise father or should I be doing more/less of something ... Idk but I just want the little guy to grow big, strong, and healthy.

-ChristianView attachment 258265View attachment 2582661543288557868.jpeg1543288895852.jpeg