Mary K (warning..long and boring)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
You are a great story teller, do you have someone lined up to take all your animals in the event of your death? I worry because I purchased a hatchling sulcata one night over the internet, after drinking way to much and now I've had her 1 year and a half and she's cute and I enjoy caring for her but I'm over 60 and no one in my family wants to inherit her. I worry what will happen when I die. No one needs to tell me how irresponsible it was, I know.
You'll just have to live longer like me and what I'm aiming for. The way I figure it I'll have to live to over a hundred. I even asked my family if they would inherit him and they said yes but I don't trust they will. So I make sure they know I'm here everyday on TFO so they'll at least know where to go if my Tortoise needs a new home.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
What did that stupid man do to you that needed a thrashing? I'm sure it was his fault ? the ?head
We were in the middle of a very contentious divorce...he's 8 years younger than I, 6'4" 220 pounds of long haired bad a** biker. I went over to his house for some reason and he was in the shower, we had words and I swung his hair dryer at him and broke out a front tooth and his nose. So he went to court to get a restraining order against me...he told the judge he was afraid of me...lol .he had gotten in to a bar fight and had a black eye, so he took those injuries to the judge saying I did it. The judge says Frankly young man...I can't believe you are saying those things in court...you can't defend yourself against that small woman? hahaha

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We were in the middle of a very contentious divorce...he's 8 years younger than I, 6'4" 220 pounds of long haired bad a** biker. I went over to his house for some reason and he was in the shower, we had words and I swung his hair dryer at him and broke out a front tooth and his nose. So he went to court to get a restraining order against me...he told the judge he was afraid of me...lol .he had gotten in to a bar fight and had a black eye, so he took those injuries to the judge saying I did it. The judge says Frankly young man...I can't believe you are saying those things in court...you can't defend yourself against that small woman? hahaha
Well...then I knew it ?of course he deserved it hehehe ???

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Aw'ww Maggie, my heart aches for you.
I can sympathize with your plight. It CAN get frustrating sometimes. Like when my Triton screams at the top of his lungs for 5 minutes. At night I just turn off all the lights and he shut's up after 20 seconds. but during the day, I have to leave the room, house.
I know it's hard, YOU are a dedicated Pet lover, as I.
There are times I question my sanity to have the menagerie I have, Parrots, Dogs, Geese, Ducks, Chickens, & Tort's. It can get over whelming sometimes, and the hardest part is there is NO break. There are good days, week's, Month's, but then BAM! You get slammed upside the head with problem's that seem to keep mounting. That's when I go into inner viewing mode. I do some introspection. It helps to balance ALL the good days, week's, Month's with the small amount of Rough times.
I'm a go, Go, GO personality. I don't stop. I saw my Primary Care Physician about 3 months ago and said, My folks both died in their mid 70's, my last remaining Aunt (a retired Nun) just passed away @ 99, 2 months ago. I told the DR. I'm shooting for 95 yrs, she said, keep things up and I will have no Prob. 3 yrs ago at a physical I was Pre-diabetic, Now, I'm back to normal Blood sugar levels (YAY)!
I have made my life what it is. I try to care for my few friends, when they need help, or food, or a ride to the Dr., Marsha is there! All this is to let you know, I understand your plight and the conflict you have inside. Wanting to help the kids as best you can, but having limitations. I try to strengthen the framework (per se), and not worry so much about the stuff that does not mean so much.
A strong Frame will give you peace. The stuff around it may fail, but the strong frame will stay.
Remember Life is NOT a big Mountain you have to climball at once , it IS a bunch of lil Hills to conquer!
And thank god for your Friend who came over in the middle of the night to help. As we all he has his issues, but realize them and move on.
Give it some time, your frustrations will pass.
Sending you some hug's, @maggie3fan ?????????

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Aw'ww Maggie, my heart aches for you.
I can sympathize with your plight. It CAN get frustrating sometimes. Like when my Triton screams at the top of his lungs for 5 minutes. At night I just turn off all the lights and he shut's up after 20 seconds. but during the day, I have to leave the room, house.
I know it's hard, YOU are a dedicated Pet lover, as I.
There are times I question my sanity to have the menagerie I have, Parrots, Dogs, Geese, Ducks, Chickens, & Tort's. It can get over whelming sometimes, and the hardest part is there is NO break. There are good days, week's, Month's, but then BAM! You get slammed upside the head with problem's that seem to keep mounting. That's when I go into inner viewing mode. I do some introspection. It helps to balance ALL the good days, week's, Month's with the small amount of Rough times.
I'm a go, Go, GO personality. I don't stop. I saw my Primary Care Physician about 3 months ago and said, My folks both died in their mid 70's, my last remaining Aunt (a retired Nun) just passed away @ 99, 2 months ago. I told the DR. I'm shooting for 95 yrs, she said, keep things up and I will have no Prob. 3 yrs ago at a physical I was Pre-diabetic, Now, I'm back to normal Blood sugar levels (YAY)!
I have made my life what it is. I try to care for my few friends, when they need help, or food, or a ride to the Dr., Marsha is there! All this is to let you know, I understand your plight and the conflict you have inside. Wanting to help the kids as best you can, but having limitations. I try to strengthen the framework (per se), and not worry so much about the stuff that does not mean so much.
A strong Frame will give you peace. The stuff around it may fail, but the strong frame will stay.
Remember Life is NOT a big Mountain you have to climball at once , it IS a bunch of lil Hills to conquer!
And thank god for your Friend who came over in the middle of the night to help. As we all he has his issues, but realize them and move on.
Give it some time, your frustrations will pass.
Sending you some hug's, @maggie3fan ?????????
Yes and even if it is a big mountain you can walk it by not looking at how high it is. You just take one step at a time. I call it having mountain legs.?

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
And always remember, you don't fail when you get knocked down, you fail when you don't get back up, so remember you're much stronger than you think, and braver than you feel (a little quote I like)
I love that thought! "You don't fail when you get knocked down, you fail when you don't get back up"
Thank you for the inspiration! ?

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Hence my nickname “Frying Pan Dawn” I am assuming that mo explanation is needed