Mary "TheDestructor" Knobbins

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
So most of you have met Mary Knobbins. You know she finds trouble where there freakin is none. I moved her outside pen as there were tires, and fences she mangled, and grape plants and a hydranga she destroyed. Mary is quite the tortoise. Now she is in the shed and yard built for my dead 100+lb Sulcata. So she's in the big girl pen. But the flooding and the leaves have made it a great enviroment for moss to grow and right now my yards which usually feed my big tortoises thru the winter are now mud and moss. I am pulling and scraping the moss out by hand. I have a narrow strip along side my carport that has good grass. So last week the sun was shining (really) and I laid a plank cross the strip to contain Mary. My neighbor has a wire fencing around her front yard so I figured it would hold Mary. as it holds her little designer dogs. hahahahahaha, you'd think I've never had a big Sulcata.
So I expected her to start grazing immediately, but she headed straight for that plank, tried to push it over for a bit. Then she discovered the lattice bordering my carport.
The strip
100_6420.JPG
Mary discovers the lattice
100_6429.JPG
I even moved her, but she is determined to break stuff
100_6424.JPG100_6422.JPG
She ended her day by using all her strength trying to squeeze under the gas line
Ah Mary, what a tortoise!
100_6431.JPG

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
OMG Mary.

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
So most of you have met Mary Knobbins. You know she finds trouble where there freakin is none. I moved her outside pen as there were tires, and fences she mangled, and grape plants and a hydranga she destroyed. Mary is quite the tortoise. Now she is in the shed and yard built for my dead 100+lb Sulcata. So she's in the big girl pen. But the flooding and the leaves have made it a great enviroment for moss to grow and right now my yards which usually feed my big tortoises thru the winter are now mud and moss. I am pulling and scraping the moss out by hand. I have a narrow strip along side my carport that has good grass. So last week the sun was shining (really) and I laid a plank cross the strip to contain Mary. My neighbor has a wire fencing around her front yard so I figured it would hold Mary. as it holds her little designer dogs. hahahahahaha, you'd think I've never had a big Sulcata.
So I expected her to start grazing immediately, but she headed straight for that plank, tried to push it over for a bit. Then she discovered the lattice bordering my carport.
The strip
View attachment 316438
View attachment 316439
View attachment 316440View attachment 316444
She ended her day by using all her strength trying to squeeze under the gas line
View attachment 316446
A most determined girl!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
The strip
View attachment 316438
View attachment 316439
View attachment 316446
What a personality! She’s perfect for you Maggie!!

Sue Ann

chapin , South Carolina
The strip
View attachment 316438
View attachment 316439
View attachment 316446
She is a determined little girl, such a personality!

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Lyns loves her adventures, and sass.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
The strip
View attachment 316438
View attachment 316439
View attachment 316446
OMG!!!!! ? I love Mary!!!!!!

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
The strip
View attachment 316438
View attachment 316439
View attachment 316446

Soon as I saw that lattice I saw that coming. Kind of wonder how long the fence is going to last?! And I'll BET she climbs over that board.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Soon as I saw that lattice I saw that coming. Kind of wonder how long the fence is going to last?! And I'll BET she climbs over that board.
lol!!! My intention was to stay with her, but of course I got sidetracked moving blocks and forgot about her for a bit. I know she'd be thru that funky little fence in a heart beat. All the grass that is normally in her pens is drowned and covered with moss. There is nothing for her to eat. So I'm pulling out that moss by hand and shovel, and hoping I get it done so I can plant grass and pasture seed. This is the first time in 15 yrs of living here I have had the moss problem

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
I love the picture with her head poking thru the lattice “Hi, I broke your house. So, what are you up to today?”