Matilda gets a friend, or a meal?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
I thought the Skink was a goner yesterday. I searched her enclosure and couldn't find it....and it's not that big!

Then, around 3pm, it was laying under the CHE warming up!
Maybe you have a new pet.🤣

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I think maybe you're right! I see a pattern developing. Matilda comes out early in the morning, like 2AM...then she usually goes back in and then the lizard comes out for a while. They seem to do this in the afternoon as well. The lizard stays up past 4pm when Matilda digs in for the night. Lizard will come out and comb the ground once Matilda is bunkered for the night. Kind of cool seeing this co-habitation develop.....of course it can all come crashing down if Matilda gets too hangry!

LOL

20230418_132608.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Finally got a decent pic of the lizard, it ate today when I gave it a large, really large injured, black ant. Stunning colors in person!

View attachment 356227
I really doubt Matilda will eat that adorable little skink 🤗. The box turtle I had would put out some effort and then take a break from chasing food because she was well fed. And besides that a skink isn't a slouch. They can run like heck 😂 and if all else falls maybe drop a tail.?🤔

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Matilda has led a sheltered life though she knows these guys. The skinks used to sun themselves in her outdoor home with her. I'm not sure they will get along so well in here.View attachment 356122

I fully expect to walk in and see 4" of blue tail hanging out of her mouth!
I love that picture. That's one I would have to print if I snapped it.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Of course I had to Google 5 lined skinks just to remember everything. Sure enough they can live 10 years. So I bet you have a pet or two 😜or more. Well... and if you see a tail wiggling from Matilda's mouth that doesn't mean she caught your new pets🤗