Matilda, just turtling

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
I got home yesterday evening and Matilda was still dug in from the weekend so today, I reached in and pulled her out of her leaf pile.......nice full healthy weight....I set her by her water and poured in a bit to spur her & it did. She drank for a bit eyeballing the strawberry.....then she dug up a week-old piece of meat and has been working on it for a half hour....When I moved closer to take the pic, she started to scurry off with her prize in her mouth!

20230201_142849.jpgLOL

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
They are both too cute.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
For the first time, I let Matilda roam my bathroom while I shaved and showered. She was safe....nothing on the hardwood floor but a bamboo hamper, table legs, books(too many in the book basket), a scale and a clothes steamer....she's safe.

It's funny though, she scared the heck out of me when I turned around after shaving....I hadn't heard her leave the corner by the shower and as I turned, she was turning the corner at the potty....scared the bejesus out of me!

She was super active this morning circling & circling her 30 gal enclosure like it was the fence line at Auschwitz and of course I felt horrible, so I let her roam a little to let her run a bit. I'd think she was overwhelmed by the open space. She's back home now and seems more settled.

Her shell where it was chewed, is almost fully healed too, with a nice thick hard yellow/white shell now visible.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
What kind of turtle is Matilda? 3 toed?

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
She used to be a hottie, but got the front of her shell chewed last Fall, by a suspected rat.....

Now, she has a great personality....lol

That's bad......but everyone knows I think she's supercool so it's okay.

Reactions: Ink