Mating season?

kyubi

They doing it every time^^. Is it matingseasonnow in Indonesia for forstens?ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1401679379.513648.jpg

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Anytime you place a female near a male tortoise...he takes that as a cue it is time....please be sure to offer the female private time, the males can literally harass the female to death....

kyubi

She lays eggs again last night, thos is batch 2, batch 1 has not hatched yet

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Anytime you place a female near a male tortoise...he takes that as a cue it is time....please be sure to offer the female private time, the males can literally harass the female to death....
Yes. Especially with this species. They are very aggressive. Even the females. My little adult female will ram and bite the much larger male. What temps are you incubating them at? How any days in so far on the first clutch?

kyubi

She laid it in my backyard, i dont put it in incubator, i just let it natural. In my area, temp average 29-32 c. Batch 1 laid in april 1st 2014.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Well your a quarter of the way through. Keep patient and hope you see some little guys. I do recommend if your leaving them in the ground to place a protective barrier around the nest site. So if they hatch they don't just wander off like they would in the wild. Also predators (dog,cat,raccoon etc...)could dig them up.

kyubi

How long it usually hatched? I agree, even there is not racoon, pig etc around, i will put some barrier / fence so they not wandering around in my back yard