Max and Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortobox

New Member
10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Joined
May 18, 2008
Messages
26
Took some pictures to share...my two sulcatas :D

Max basking under UV light...
max_n_jack1.jpg


Jack cruisin around the table...
max_n_jack2.jpg


Jack chillin...
max_n_jack3.jpg


Max by the water bowl...
max_n_jack4.jpg


Both chitchatting...
max_n_jack5.jpg
 

Chipdog

Member
10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
140
Location (City and/or State)
Columbus Ohio
You have some great pics there. They are always so cute when they are that young.
It looks to me like Jack was kept in sand before that setup. If you give him a good soak then brush him with a soft bristled tooth brush those white lines between the scutes will come right off.
 

Tortobox

New Member
10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Joined
May 18, 2008
Messages
26
Chipdog said:
You have some great pics there. They are always so cute when they are that young.
It looks to me like Jack was kept in sand before that setup. If you give him a good soak then brush him with a soft bristled tooth brush those white lines between the scutes will come right off.

Thanks for the tip..yes Jack was kept in sand for a while before this setup.
 

Isa

Active Member
10 Year Member!
Joined
Apr 8, 2008
Messages
7,095
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Tortobox

Jack and Max are 2 very good looking babies :D

I really like the look of your substrate. What are you using?
 

Tortobox

New Member
10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Joined
May 18, 2008
Messages
26
Isa said:
Tortobox

Jack and Max are 2 very good looking babies :D

I really like the look of your substrate. What are you using?

Thanks Isa :) that is cocopeat. I like the way it looks when completely dried.
 

Isa

Active Member
10 Year Member!
Joined
Apr 8, 2008
Messages
7,095
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Tortobox said:
Isa said:
Tortobox

Jack and Max are 2 very good looking babies :D

I really like the look of your substrate. What are you using?

Thanks Isa :) that is cocopeat. I like the way it looks when completely dried.

Thanks Tortobox,

It looks really natural
 

Crazy1

Well-Known Member
10 Year Member!
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
6,069
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Jack and Max are great looking hatchlings tortobox. Like their little water bowl.
 

jlyoncc1

New Member
10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2007
Messages
2,026
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Very sweet babies!!
 

Laura

Well-Known Member
10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2007
Messages
7,502
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
careful about scrubbing those white lines.. they could be new growth and a bit soft and tender.. Life finger nail cuticles...
 

evin

New Member
10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
179
Location (City and/or State)
manteca, Ca
your enclosure is very nice and natural looking your torts look like they love it
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Posts

Top