Max and sulcatas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
A few years back, I brought my wife a 4-month-old pug from the shelter. I was NEVER big on pugs (or any domestics for that matter), but this one was extremely cute...so I said 'What the Hell!' and the rest is history. When I first brought Mortimer home, Max went nuts...wouldn't stop barking...this lasted a whole day...the next day, Max wouldn't leave Mort's side...and when Aladar joined the clan...it was love at first sight for Max...he lays out in the shady parts of the yard, constantly watching over his reptilian pals...he tries to kiss them when he first goes out in the morning...he'll even take a crack at their leftovers...apparently Max is fond of Zoo Med Grassland Diet...wierd! I guess fair is fair, since the torts will have a go at a steak bone when Max abandons it:D

I'm seeing more and more tort owners (especially sulcatas) owning pugs as well...

33bgy6r.jpg

Yourlocalpoet

5 Year Member
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I jumped on the pug bandwagon about 10 months ago! Bruce seems to be a little baffled by Esmerelda though, I don't think he can work out which end is which! He licks EVERYTHING.

118.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Pugs are great little dogs. Trainable, full of personality, intuitive, etc...
They are one of my favorite small breeds. They aren't as good at killing things as a JRT and since I'm a man of practicality, I'll have to stick with my Jacks for now.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Tom said:
Pugs are great little dogs. Trainable, full of personality, intuitive, etc...
They are one of my favorite small breeds. They aren't as good at killing things as a JRT and since I'm a man of practicality, I'll have to stick with my Jacks for now.

Tom, I'm sure you know, pugs actually share more behavioral traits with wolves than any other domestic breed. Sure, huskies, malamutes and shepherds look more like a wolf, but pugs have the behavior aspect down.

movealongmosey

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
Haha, I love when pugs make the snorting sounds whenever they're excited. My dog is a mix between black lab and golden retriever (so the vet says) he's a rescue and he's always sniffing my tort mosey, but the funny thing is if mosey comes any where near that dog he runs for his life. He's such a scaredy cat. :D

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Pugs are amazing little dogs! As you can see by my "name" I'm a fan. Its a long story, but we have three of them. Very friendly, and personable dogs.
Laura I don't think they fart any more then any other dog. Diet has a lot to do with that. They do shed, but a double-coat pug will shed much more then one with a single-coat. They do not do well in the heat, its one of their only drawbacks. In the summer we have house dogs, that are only out for 10-15 minutes at a time, they do what they need to do, then back to the ac vent.

Figures that they'd love the torts, everyones a friend!
Max and Bruce are both very handsome dogs.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Well...it's been between 102 and 109 the past 2 weeks and it hasn't slowed him down...but I ONLY let him out about 10-15 minutes at a time...and I caught him sharing a mud pit today with the torts...I'm really blowing it lately (not having my camera ready)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Tom said:
They aren't as good at killing things as a JRT and since I'm a man of practicality, I'll have to stick with my Jacks for now.

Um, what exactly are we killing here?

Pugs are cute little dogs with their punched-in faces. ;)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Stephanie Logan said:
Tom said:
They aren't as good at killing things as a JRT and since I'm a man of practicality, I'll have to stick with my Jacks for now.
Um, what exactly are we killing here?

Umm... you know things.... varmints, vermin and stuff.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
DonaTello said:
What a cute doggie Dean! And yes we need some pictures of him with your torts, especially the 'mud-bath'...!

Your wish is my command (no mud shots though):D

50p07r.jpg

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
DonaTello said:
Ahh how sweet of you Dean, but for some reason I can't see them! Darn it..I just see that little red box thingy.. !

I checked it out and everything's fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.