Max eating Instinct Original cat food off my finger, for the first time.

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
You have fed Max by hand before though, right? Gosh, my little girl never once cared if I was holding it or not, she just wanted me to hold it still!

LOL, I'd have had more food on my finger.....that will become a painful event in 5 short years!

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Birmingham, Alabama
You have fed Max by hand before though, right? Gosh, my little girl never once cared if I was holding it or not, she just wanted me to hold it still!

LOL, I'd have had more food on my finger.....that will become a painful event in 5 short years!
Yeah I’ve fed him by hand many times, but this was a test just to see how hard he can bite. I wish you could have seen the whole video. There was a couple of times I was squalling like a little girl. Lol 😂

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
He got ahold of what was called a nickle bag" back in the 70's, he took off with me in pursuit...he was in a 4ft dia baby pool with a screen on top......I banged the screen hoping he'd drop it....but nope, he just burst from the pool, through the edge of the screen he pushed up, then onto the table and flopped onto my bed....a P*SSED OFF 3ft caiman, in my BED! "Yikes" was appropriate at the time, I'm sure I used something more, "colorful" at the time though.

Choices got real clear, real fast;
I could either leave the room, call the cops or a friend and have it shot.....I mean, for all intents and purposes, I have a live "alligator in my bedroom"....in 1973 I knew people will REACT, this was something special...no tv shows bout gators...most still believed the NY Sewer stories.....!

Or, b/c I'm superman with reactions far beyond those of mortal & sane men.....I saw my shot, I grabbed a corner of the blanket, then the other and threw half the blanket over him then trussed him up with the rest.....he never lived in my room again, he moved outside! I never felt in danger though, I had better access to the DOOR!
LMAO

Prior to this, I had often sat there watching him after partaking and I would assign Greesh human emotions, to where I THOUGHT I might pet him.....but the problem with ambush predators, you won't know if it's true till you pet him......or he takes your hand off. It was never worth the penalty for me to really find out!

btw, he swallowed the baggie of course. I never found it in his pen and I had him two more years after that. God knows what he did with it, or maybe one of our more educated members does?

I'm not embellishing a word of this story....,no need to....well, cept maybe the superman part....

Last edited:

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Birmingham, Alabama
He got ahold of what was called a nickle bag" back in the 70's, he took off with me in pursuit...he was in a 4ft dia baby pool with a screen on top......I banged the screen hoping he'd drop it....but nope, he just burst from the pool, through the edge of the screen he pushed up, then onto the table and flopped onto my bed....a P*SSED OFF 3ft caiman, in my BED! "Yikes" was appropriate at the time, I'm sure I used something more, "colorful" at the time though.

Choices got real clear, real fast;
I could either leave the room, call the cops or a friend and have it shot.....I mean, for all intents and purposes, I have a live "alligator in my bedroom"....in 1973 I knew people will REACT, this was something special...no tv shows bout gators...most still believed the NY Sewer stories.....!

Or, b/c I'm superman with reactions far beyond those of mortal & sane men.....I saw my shot, I grabbed a corner of the blanket, then the other and threw half the blanket over him then trussed him up with the rest.....he never lived in my room again, he moved outside! I never felt in danger though, I had better access to the DOOR!
LMAO

Prior to this, I had often sat there watching him after partaking and I would assign Greesh human emotions, to where I THOUGHT I might pet him.....but the problem with ambush predators, you won't know if it's true till you pet him......or he takes your hand off. It was never worth the penalty for me to really find out!

btw, he swallowed the baggie of course. I never found it in his pen and I had him two more years after that. God knows what he did with it, or maybe one of our more educated members does?

I'm not embellishing a word of this story....,no need to....well, cept maybe the superman part....
I love that story and laugh the whole time I was reading it. Crazy 😜

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Birmingham, Alabama
Yeah but Gerry, think of my poor kids......they grew up with a Dad like that!

LOL
But Jeff, your kids got to experience a lot of cool things other kids didn’t. I’m sure they were telling some of the coolest stores at school, and have been there whole life. They probably started off like, Hey y’all ant gona believe this, and ended with, I don’t care if you believe it or not. I’m sure your kids had the coolest dad of all. Besides that it built wonder and what’s possible in this world.
Gerry

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I'm sure that you as well as most relish being a Dad or mom as much as I did/do. We all cherish our kids. Best toys in the world! They walk and talk(double-edged sword) and constantly grow so you can do new stuff with them all the time! Very cool how that al works out! Then they each grow into their own person, with a little of everything in their life-experience making up a portion of that. I think that it was brilliant that we can't mold them into little versions of ourselves....because I think that would have stunted our growth as humans.

The Stories;

When Peg met Mark and he joined us all for the holidays for the first time, or even Kerry's first time with us all years ago.......yeah, the kids tell what they call; "Dad stories"....

I had warned Kerry that my 3 kids "might" tell some highly-embellished stories....she had looked me dead in the eye and said something that made me think she'd already got the "low down". LOL

The newborn fawn that wiped itself on ME...deer mom wasn't too happy
The near hanging event in the tree
Faking my son to make him eat a worm
The whale
The shark

All highly embarrassing when told by a 37 y/o daughter...who has had the gift of being able to repeat them for 20-25 years to refine the delivery......I thought Kerry was going to run as I laughed in my chair.....I love my kids.....one of them will bring up an "event" and another will take the story and tell it....like they know ahead of time which one is going to tell which story....LOL. To me and Kerry now understands, it's one of the best gifts a dad could ever get....and that comes from the heart on the inside!

but I still want to see the pic of Max hanging from your finger. You do know they don't let go, right?

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Birmingham, Alabama
I'm sure that you as well as most relish being a Dad or mom as much as I did/do. We all cherish our kids. Best toys in the world! They walk and talk(double-edged sword) and constantly grow so you can do new stuff with them all the time! Very cool how that al works out! Then they each grow into their own person, with a little of everything in their life-experience making up a portion of that. I think that it was brilliant that we can't mold them into little versions of ourselves....because I think that would have stunted our growth as humans.

The Stories;

When Peg met Mark and he joined us all for the holidays for the first time, or even Kerry's first time with us all years ago.......yeah, the kids tell what they call; "Dad stories"....

I had warned Kerry that my 3 kids "might" tell some highly-embellished stories....she had looked me dead in the eye and said something that made me think she'd already got the "low down". LOL

The newborn fawn that wiped itself on ME...deer mom wasn't too happy
The near hanging event in the tree
Faking my son to make him eat a worm
The whale
The shark

All highly embarrassing when told by a 37 y/o daughter...who has had the gift of being able to repeat them for 20-25 years to refine the delivery......I thought Kerry was going to run as I laughed in my chair.....I love my kids.....one of them will bring up an "event" and another will take the story and tell it....like they know ahead of time which one is going to tell which story....LOL. To me and Kerry now understands, it's one of the best gifts a dad could ever get....and that comes from the heart on the inside!

but I still want to see the pic of Max hanging from your finger. You do know they don't let go, right?
All of those stores and experience’s your telling me about, to me is what brings a family together and keeps them together.
I love it.
My son and daughter decided whin they were about 35-40 they new more than me and stopped communicating with me. I also have 3 grand children I never get to see. But it’s there lives and I think they live in the way they want to.
Gerry

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Ah, kids get flakey....maybe stop being such a pri**k and they'll come around? I went through it so I recognize......and you're my friend so I can say it. I don't sugarcoat things buddy!

While I was fortunate that mine just got mad for a while when I dated Lori(she was a bit...young and more than a bit- dumb), these things typically involve some type of "bad event". My 10yr online buddy that came and visited Kerry and I on vac last summer was going though the same thing with his 40 y/o daughter. His involved some felonious behavior against a live-in son-in-law. He hadn't talked to his daughter for a couple of years. I squared him up.....LOL....not that my goal is for them to talk, just for him to feel better about, and responsible for, his own decisions....hint hint.

Life takes courage...for me, it seems like it requires a huge amount. For other its seems to me, they do it easily.....not so for me.....so that's why I have "superman", to lean on.....and you get your feeling hurt too easily Gerry....see, we're all human?

In life, we get all the choices....we can look at something and say "That looks like fun, I should do that"

or, we can look back and say "That was so great, I'm glad I did it"

There are dreamers and doers and for me, this carries over to all aspects of life. I don't know if others are the same way.

Kerry and I spent a couple days with my little brother out in Flagstaff this Spring.........we hadn't been to one another's home in 20 years...we talked every few years but that was it. All it took was a phone call.....that phone sure is easy these days!

I started the conversation after saying hello with: "I miss you and I want to tell you my feelings about it but more importantly, I want to hear yours"...some "woke crud" <LOL>I heard....that actually sounded good so I used it! LOL

people actually like that b/c it makes it easy for them to let their opinions and feelings out......

A good start is always achieved by putting the other person, first. Sometimes, the wounds are so deep, we cannot sway those we love, all we can do is to tell them out loud that that we love them and will leave them be. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stir a pot!

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Birmingham, Alabama
I
Ah, kids get flakey....maybe stop being such a pri**k and they'll come around? I went through it so I recognize......and you're my friend so I can say it. I don't sugarcoat things buddy!

While I was fortunate that mine just got mad for a while when I dated Lori(she was a bit...young and more than a bit- dumb), these things typically involve some type of "bad event". My 10yr online buddy that came and visited Kerry and I on vac last summer was going though the same thing with his 40 y/o daughter. His involved some felonious behavior against a live-in son-in-law. He hadn't talked to his daughter for a couple of years. I squared him up.....LOL....not that my goal is for them to talk, just for him to feel better about, and responsible for, his own decisions....hint hint.

Life takes courage...for me, it seems like it requires a huge amount. For other its seems to me, they do it easily.....not so for me.....so that's why I have "superman", to lean on.....and you get your feeling hurt too easily Gerry....see, we're all human?

In life, we get all the choices....we can look at something and say "That looks like fun, I should do that"

or, we can look back and say "That was so great, I'm glad I did it"

There are dreamers and doers and for me, this carries over to all aspects of life. I don't know if others are the same way.

Kerry and I spent a couple days with my little brother out in Flagstaff this Spring.........we hadn't been to one another's home in 20 years...we talked every few years but that was it. All it took was a phone call.....that phone sure is easy these days!

I started the conversation after saying hello with: "I miss you and I want to tell you my feelings about it but more importantly, I want to hear yours"...some "woke crud" <LOL>I heard....that actually sounded good so I used it! LOL

people actually like that b/c it makes it easy for them to let their opinions and feelings out......

A good start is always achieved by putting the other person, first. Sometimes, the wounds are so deep, we cannot sway those we love, all we can do is to tell them out loud that that we love them and will leave them be. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stir a pot!
Jeff, I appreciate you, and you trying to get me to be the one who opens the door and get my kids to forgive me for providing them with any and everything they ever wanted or needed. The problem with my kids is me and my wife spoiled them. You see my kids were my whole life. I killed my self working for them. Buying them more than any kid should get for Christmas and birthday’s, you name it. High dollar prom dresses, nice cars, nice place on the lake.
What I’m trying to say is daddy never said no. The first time I did say no, they couldn’t handle it, even at 35 and 40 years old. My daughter hung the phone up on me and I haven’t heard from her in almost 12 years.
My son basically did the same thing when I stopped jumping at his every request. I haven’t heard from him in about 7 years.
They both know me well enough that if you disrespect me and don’t understand or appreciate what I sacrificed for them, there going to have to live with there decisions.

I sorry, I brought my personal life into our great friendship and conversation. My bad!
Gerry