MAY HAVE COVID-19

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Location (City and/or State)
Alief
My step father just now has been shaking, he told me that he is really cold. He covers his hole body with 2 blankets, he’s about 48 years old. I’m not sure if it’s Covid-19 or just a cold. I will keep up updated in any case if something happens I want this thread removed if it can happen, any tips would help.

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
Be sure to protect yourself from any exposure, use a facemask, do frequent and thorough handwashing, and if you’re using a hand sanitizer make sure that you rub it thoroughly into your hands and don’t do a brief and quick rub. You should rub your hands as much for the hand sanitizer at 70% alcohol as when you use soap and water for 20 seconds.

KronksMom

Illinois
I'm so sorry, hon. Remember, your immune system affected by stress. I know saying it doesn't make stress go away, but being aware that stress lowers our immune systems can help us all to look at how we process our stress, and make sure that we are actually processing it, not just ignoring it.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My step father just now has been shaking, he told me that he is really cold. He covers his hole body with 2 blankets, he’s about 48 years old. I’m not sure if it’s Covid-19 or just a cold. I will keep up updated in any case if something happens I want this thread removed if it can happen, any tips would help.
Best wishes hopes and prayers. I also heard loss of taste is a frequent symptom too.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
You can request ANY moderator to remove this post.
Do you want it removed?

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
There is a great new study using dexamethasone for people with severe COVID-19 that is extremely promising unlike some of the other things that have been put out there. It makes sense since it seems to be our own immune response that causes most of the severe symptoms. This is to me the first real hopeful news in medicine regarding COVID-19 and I hope that your stepfather doesn’t have it but if he does it is an excellent thing to know. There is hope for severe COVID-19 cases.

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
There is a great new study using dexamethasone for people with severe COVID-19 that is extremely promising unlike some of the other things that have been put out there. It makes sense since it seems to be our own immune response that causes most of the severe symptoms. This is to me the first real hopeful news in medicine regarding COVID-19 and I hope that your stepfather doesn’t have it but if he does it is an excellent thing to know. There is hope for severe COVID-19 cases.
Thanks I also hope he doesn’t have it, he gets really weak when he gets sick. He just has a high temperature and coughing. Hope he gets better, he can do activities but most of the day he’s in Bed.

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
If it is possible see if he can be tested. If you need to be around him you should wear a mask even at home and wash your hands frequently. Absolutely you will be in my prayers and I will be thinking good thoughts your way. You hang in there and I hope your stepdad does ok.

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
If it is possible see if he can be tested. If you need to be around him you should wear a mask even at home and wash your hands frequently. Absolutely you will be in my prayers and I will be thinking good thoughts your way. You hang in there and I hope your stepdad does ok.
I appreciate your response, I do keep wearing masks and gloves when I’m around, I hope for the best.
He was looking for testing sites but apparently they are overflowing and don’t allow more testing. It’s hard to bear with it when it hits you this close.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I appreciate your response, I do keep wearing masks and gloves when I’m around, I hope for the best.
He was looking for testing sites but apparently they are overflowing and don’t allow more testing. It’s hard to bear with it when it hits you this close.
Also if you can or do wear glasses wear those or safety glasses. Gloves are ok but really virus can go through them. It's best to wash your hands after removing them.