may have found my sulcata on CL!

chazd1984

So I have been looking for a sulcata for a new weeks now. I found this guy on CL. He is pretty badly pyramided and his tank is entirely too small. I'm thinking I will buy him and his accessories.

My question is should I do anything special about him pyramiding? Other than getting the humidity right and getting him outside? Can he still live a long and healthy life? I've had aquatic turtles for years but have never had to deal with pyramiding as all my turtles were properly raised.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
This one just like mine. I have a one year old Too. Congrats.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
personally.. I would never pay for one.. So many needing homes and in rescues..
it looks healthy... and not bad.

chazd1984

I've tried looking up adoptions around here but haven't seen anything.
So he/she looks pretty healthy? I guess I'm used to seeing the super smooth shells on some of the torts here ;)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Florida.. and you cant find any? then check with Long Island rescue.. she always trys to relocate Sulcatas... pay shipping..

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Looks pretty good. New growth would come in smoother with the right conditions. Should be pretty healthy if you have calcium, uv light, and a good diet

M

Maggie Cummings

Just my opinion, but if you can't find one to adopt in FL, don't pay for all the accessories just set him up outside. He does not look too bad yet and having him in a safe pen outside would benefit him greatly. No need to set him up inside in FL...he does not look pyramided to me...

M

Maggie Cummings

As I recall TN has good weather too. If it's below 65 at night you might bring him in. But make him a pen outside...

chazd1984

I intend to. He should only have to be inside in the winter. It gets below freezing. Of course I will be building a shed when the gets really big

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
The pyramiding is not an issue....as mentioned, the new growth will grow in smoother as the environment improves....:D