May need to give up my three cherryhead redfoots

TortLaw

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
As some of you may know, I have three cherryhead redfoots born in May 2013, February 2014, and May 2014 approximately 5", 4", and 3" respectively. I acquired these tortoises having a certain life plan in place, but alas that has changed. My now ex and I share the same house that he owns and my tortoises have their own shed in the back yard which is wonderful for them. But I will now have to move out and although I was hoping for a more amicable break, I may have to move out quite quickly and live with family in small quarters until I figure out a more permanent plan.

I do not want to give up more tortoises at all, but if I am unable to provide what they need, I will. I feel awful because I certainly would not have gotten them in the first place had I expected that my life would change so drastically all of a sudden, but I can't control how others feel and what they do. :(

So I am not 100% positive that I will have to give them up just yet, but if I do, I would like to have a plan in place for them. I will require a rehoming fee and you must prove that you have knowledge about these torts and the ability to care for them properly. (This is why I am posting this on here as opposed to Craigslist.) Please let me know if you might be interested. I am currently in Colorado Springs.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I am sorry about your situation. Your tortoises are now small enough though that you may be able to keep them easily enough until things settle down and you have more of a longer-term plan. So don't give up on them.

Laura Wegeman

I have a 5 and a half month old redfoot named Moxie and I've been waiting for a new hatchling from Moxie's previous owner but since the eggs were just laid it will be a while. I don't like her being alone and would lover to see her with other torts her size. She's about 4 inches now and a little over 3 ounces. I'm so sorry to hear about your situation but if you decide you need to find a new home for your little ones they would be dearly loved and well cared for in my home.

AnimalLady

Maybe you can find a friend that would be willing to watch them for you for a little while? If i was close to you i would help with this...

Good luck, I hope you dont have to re-home them :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just to refresh your memory:

We have a closed thread rule. Threads posted in the "for sale" section will be closed and members are requested to contact you through private conversations. Also, if you're asking a fee, which you are, it will be in the "for sale" thread, not in the "adoption" thread.