Maybe I'm just picky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FLORIDA
I went to Petco's website to look around and I was trying to find the tortoise section. The closest option I seen was turtles and aquatic turtles. Well I click on turtle (just for giggles) and this is what I see...

Here is the link -
http://www.petco.com/Turtles-Home.aspx

Well, I guess I shouldn't be supprised at this but they have the tortoise section listed under turtle (with a pic of a tort next to the word turtle). *sigh* Maybe I'm just being picky?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
The person who does there web site probably doesn't know the difference between a tortoise and a turtle...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I think that is because most of the "common" folks in the USA, call all tortoises turtles. ;)

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
All my neighbors call my tortoises turtles... which technically isn't wrong, but still drives me nuts :p Tortoises are turtles but not all turtles are tortoises... confused yet? LOL

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
It just bugs me a little when I have Bowser with me and almost everyone that sees her calls her a turtle and I usually (well most of the time) correct them. Not a huge deal but after a while I just have to roll my eyes and *sigh* :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.