Mazuri food?

Cutva

5 Year Member
Ground Soybean Hulls, Ground Corn, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Ground Oats, Wheat Middlings, Cane Molasses, Soybean Oil, Wheat Germ, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Dicalcium Phosphate, Brewers Dried Yeast, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, DL-Methionine, Choline Chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, D-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholecalciferol, Biotin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Nicotinic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Natural Mixed Tocopherols (a Preservative), Ferrous Carbonate, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Copper Sulfate, Rosemary Extract, Lecithin, Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite. This doesn't seem the best should I feed it? I'm uncomfortable with the ground corn, wheat meal,brewers dried yeast, salt, ground oats, and soybean meal?! Is it ok to feed?! Sorry but I really paranoid! :/

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Mazuri Tortoise Diet is one of the better manufactured diets. In my opinion, it should not be the main diet, but rather I feel it should be used occasionally. I feed my tortoises Mazuri once a week.

Cutva

5 Year Member
Ok, sorry if I offended anyone with my post I'm just really paranoid!:) just bought the bag and freaked out a little when I saw the ingredients! :)

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
The fastest way I know to grow a tortoise is lots of Mazuri. I don't think it is the best way, All my torts get it about twice a week.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Rest easy. Mazuri is a fantastic product. I'll be ordering two more 25lb bags next week :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The ingredients list impresses no one, but the results from feeding it impress everyone.

Its good stuff. I use it once or twice a week most of the time. But don't feel like you HAVE to feed it. You can raise a healthy tortoise without it, but I still think its a good supplement to add to a good diet.

tortgirl123

My tort loves it. When he is in his hide when it's chow time and Mazuri is the main course, he can smell it and comes running for it! They love it, plus it's a good supplement! I recommend it 100%